Laser Cutter/Kaitian CM1309
This page contains information about Noisebridge's Kaitian 100W laser. You might be looking for Laser_Cutter/Full_Spectrum_Laser_40W, our older laser cutter, or information about our gigabit laser uplink to the internet.
Insert non-formatted text here:Some Chinese friends of Noisebridge want to donate a really nice brand new, fully supported, laser cutter to Noisebridge!
This is what it looks like:
Before we can accept this donation, we need to do 2 things:
- Get someone who knows enough about structural engineering to look at the place we want to use the laser cutter at Noisebridge, and let us know if the floor can handle the 1,000 pounds weight of the machine.
- Raise $4,000 for shipping, import tax, and warranty maintenance charge. This will get the laser to us, and give us full support from Kaitian.
Before we can actually use the laser cutter, we need to:
- Build a room for it, with some sound insulation and ventilation that can handle the fumes.
- Come up with a plan for the room, and raise funds for buildout of the room.
Full specs for the Kaitian CM1309 laser cutter
Brochure for the Kaitian CM1309 laser cutter:
- KT-5200 Electronic chiller
- Dimensions: 72X44X62 cm (L X W X H) (28.34" x 17.32" x 24.40")
- Looks very similar to the CW5000 so that user manual may be helpful https://noisebridge.net/wiki/File:CW_5000-5200_UserManual.pdf
- 12 foot adjustable ventilation duct
Pledge here for raising $6,000 buildout for our new laser cutter!
($4K for shipping, import tax, and warranty maintenance charge; $2K for direct room buildout)
Donations to the laser cutter project can be made here (also shows status of donations; currently <$2,500)
Donations are tax deductible