Linux.BSD.UNIX Open Learning and Hacking
Revision as of 06:23, 15 July 2013 by Maestro
- Topics are wide open...
- WE are here to learn by doing, teach by sharing what WE learn, and create by collaborating...
- ALL user levels are ALWAYS welcome and newbies are very sought after...
- People wanting to share cool things and teach them please come by...
- Students in Linux classes, Sys.Admin/N.A./D.B.A./Web.Dev/Coding and others encouraged to come...
- Projection, whiteboards, ssh to each other's boxes(if WE want), and cool toys will be used...
- Any and all positive knowledge and wisdom is welcome and the time-slot can be used for specific topics/teaching if/when needed...
Current projects of interest include but are NOT limited to:
- hide my browsing data usage when tethering with TOTALLY FREE OPEN SOFTWARE
- yes. your phone(s) work without google.
- the beauty of the web without google, yahoo, facecrook, and you know the others...
- partitioning phone(s)
- kewl things you can do with BSD that is non network/security related
- testing MOSH security and functionality
- rotating encryption
- ssh and other encryption(s)
- all things linux
- running freeBSD and openBSD on a dual partition to easily compare them
- redundant firewalls
- installing DEBIAN in a BSD jail
- the ZSH shell and why is everyone saying it's badassery?
- putting up a 'totally secure'(yes, WE are going to try) network @ NB and trying to break it
- killing gov. and other tracking/spying/privacy invasion and re-routing it
- creating a TOTALLY FREE OPEN-SOURCE phone that can use both towers and satellite(s)
- TOTALLY FREE OPEN-SOURCE website design and implementation
- creating a TOTALLY FREE OPEN-SOURCE secure browser that can be installed one piece at a time(install only what you want)
- learning to write beautiful code
- welcoming YOU to come share and teach that WE can share and teach with others...
many others plus whatever you bring with you