At 10 PM and afterwards, if you're the last person with RFID access leaving the space, please follow these lock up procedures.
Lock Up Checklist
Please make sure that
- All the people leave the space with you. Actively check all the rooms to ensure no one is left. (It's unlikely someone's hiding, but please check.)
- The elevator room gate is locked
- Both latches (on the right side and bottom right corner) on the window leading to the fire escape are locked.
- Hatch to the roof in the fox mural area is latched
- All windows are shut
- It's okay if the window with the air sensor behind the VR green screen is a little open for the air sensor cord
- The coffee maker is unplugged
- The tea maker is unplugged
- The kiln is unplugged
- The iron is unplugged (sewing area)
- The 3D printers are turned off
- All lights are off.
- The main door into the space at the top of the space is locked
- The elevator is on the first floor.
- The surveillance monitor at the door is off
Please ask everyone to finish up hacking and leave the space with you. If someone doesn't want to leave, please inform them after 10 PM that non-24-hour users are not allowed to remain in the space after the last 24-hour access token holder leaves, and that they need to leave with you. If this is a problem for them and they don't want to leave, there is an emergency contact list on the top door so that we can raise an alarm and potentially get some more Members over to you to help close the space. Alternatively, call the local police. We've been operating this people-need-to-leave-after-10pm model since the September 2014 Noisebridge Reboot and this shouldn't be news to anyone at this point.
Elevator room gate
This is the elevator room gate, and it should be locked at the end of the day.
Fire escape door
This is the fire escape door. It should be closed, and the latch Trent is pointing to should be secure.
Note that to close the door completely, the latch at the bottom of the door must be lifted up. This latch must also be secured.
This is the tea maker, and it should be unplugged before the space is locked up.
This is the coffee maker, and it should be unplugged before the space is locked up.
This is the kiln, and it should be unplugged before the space is locked up.
This is the iron and it should be unplugged. It's usually stored in the sewing area by the thread.
These are the two 3D printers, and they should be turned off before the space is locked up. The off switch is on the back bottom left corner.
These are the octopus lights in the hackatorium. Each one has its own off switch.
Circuit hacking LED lights
These are the LED lights in the circuit hacking space. When these are turned off (through a switch on the power bars), then the entire power bar is turned off, including any soldering irons plugged in.
Press this button to turn off the monitor.
This is the main door. After the rest of the space has been secured, this should be closed and should lock automatically.