Maker Faire 2013/Afterparty
2013 MakerFaire Afterparty
DATE: Saturday, 18-May-2013
TIME: 6pm to 11pm
WHERE: Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St, 3rd floor (1.5 blocks from 16th St. Mission BART) -- Map & How to Get here
WHO: Strange-o's, Plan9 users, dorks, nerds, hipsters, punks, hippies, weirdos -- Anyone and Everyone -- all genders -- all ages!
WHAT: Food! Art! Bad Dance Contest! Drink! Workshops! Boardgames! Silent Art Auction! Raffle!
HOW: Gently Suggested $10 - 20 Donation!
Keeping It Simple
Mitch and James want to throw a party for the Makers, and everyone else, that will be in town for the weekend. The desire is for a family friendly, good-times-encouraged, affair with games, food, and good fun.
- Help us plot and plan! (add your ideas below)
- Bad Dance-Off needs a DJ and horrible song submissions
- 15min Introduction to Dungeons and Dragons (D&D)or World of Darkness (WOD)
- Can someone help track down the people who host games in the space on Sundays?
- Finger Painting Competition
- Hambone Competition (we'll need to form a blue grass-style band
- Hacker Shuffleboard (we'll need sidewalk chalk and someone to set this up along the wall by the kitchen.
- Vinyl Sticker Cutting by Donation (who can handle this?)
- People repping 3D Printers (also a hit at previous events)
- T-shirt silkscreening (someone please help take point on this)
- Flyer Creation (James is happy to do this once more event details are known
- Music and Performance. Let me know if you're available! Recommend Bands, etc.
- Another fundraising crew for Noisebridge, set up by the door to welcome everyone.
- The Maker Maker - a photo frame with Idea lightbulb over head. could be as simple as a cardboard box
- Send Noisebridge Agents to the MakerFaire with "invite cards" to get the word out (would they hand them out to anybody? Or would we want them to target makers/hackers/people with booths?)
- 3D printing demos
- wall of LED strips from Heroic Robotics, see Youtube here: http://www.heroicrobotics.com/