Maker Faire 2013
We are organizing our presence at Maker Faire 2013!
May 18 & 19, 2013
Saturday 10am – 8pm
Sunday 10am – 6pm
see Maker Faire for more info
Also note, Noisebridge is organizing an "afterparty" May 18, 6pm. See this page:
2013 MakerFaire Afterparty
 is May 18 and 19 at the San Mateo County Expo Center. If you'd like to help set up/run the booth this year, please add your contact info below. NB should be getting several free passes for volunteers who work at least a 4-hour shift. First come, first served!
Projects/Items Displayed in the Booth
There will be projects from noisebridge at the faire this year.
- high above the crowd, the space over the booth will be festooned with tooth pick sculptures by [[monad]
- the space will also be decorated with light.
- a sign will rise up from behind, announcing the presence of Nosebridge to all.
- miloh will be bringing a project as of yet still under wraps
Other Items to Bring
- NB flyers
- NB stickers
- NB t-shirts?
- a colloage of photos of noisebridge?
- the RoboConfessional Especially set up to hear allow the automat confession of sins from faire goers. Also serving as infoshopbot.
- sudomate (5 gallons) Courtesy of Sudo room pop effort!
Volunteer Sign-up And Time Scheduling!
Maker Faire is a huge event with more than 100,000 people expected to attend.
In case you have never been, or have never worked a booth at the Faire, this video from our friends at Dangerous Prototypes is a nice introduction.
Then, after adding your name and time slot, please email me (neurofog AT gmail DOT com) as soon as you can with the following information:
1) The name (first and last) you want to give to the Maker Faire people when you arrive for your free "credentials"
(as they're calling the passes for volunteers). 2) When you want to start working your 4 hour shift.
Folks who want to help staff the booth:
Education Day, Thursday May 16th
(Note: Currently, Noisebridge is not planning to be part of Education Day. If someone would like to do this, please enter your name here!)
Setup Friday May 17th
Setup times for the venue: 10am-8pm
12pm - 4pm: Monad will be driving down from Noisebridge with our gear
12pm - 4pm: Rolf W - will be here for booth setup
12pm - 4pm: John E - some flexibility for schedule, available.
Set-up Saturday May 18th
Set-up times: Saturday, May 18 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Event Saturday May 18th
Saturday, May 18 10:00am - 8:00pm
9am - 11am: Rolf W - setup & general booth duty
9am - 4pm: John E - Setup & general booth duty
Event Sunday May 19th
Sunday, May 19 10:00am - 6:00pm
Setup and first shift: 8am-12pm User:miloh
Dan Cote email@example.com
Tayopa Mogilner firstname.lastname@example.org (as early as I can get a ride in. I am assuming it's 9:00am- and at least four hours (happily more if needed)).
John E: 12:00PM - whenever Most likely until booth takedown at night.
Take down Sunday May 19th
If you have a car that can transport projects, please state so
Members with Booths at Maker Faire
"Going to Maker Faire with another group? Let us know where you'll be!"
Rock The Bike
Type A Machines