Maker Faire 2013/Afterparty
2013 MakerFaire Afterparty
DATE: Saturday, 18-May-2013
TIME: 6pm to 11pm
WHERE: Noisebridge, 2169 Mission St, 3rd floor (1.5 blocks from 16th St. Mission BART) -- Map & How to Get here
WHO: strange-o's, plan9 users, dorks, families, nerds, hipsters, punks, hippies, weirdos -- Anyone and Everyone -- all genders -- all ages!
WHAT: Food! Art! Bad Dance Contest! Drink! Workshops! Boardgames!
HOW: Gently Suggested $10 - 20 Donation!
Add Your Activity to the Afterparty
The mission is to throw a simple party for the Makers, and everyone else, who will be in town for the weekend. The desire is for a family friendly, good-times-encouraged affair with games, food, and fun for weirdos.
Please add your own activities below, and invite your friends! Be ready to go by 6pm.
|Your Activity||Name of provider||Email of provider|
|Hair Cuts||James||sundquistjames AT gmail.com|
|Your Activity||Name||Contact e-mail|
Help with Morning (12pm) Cleaning, Setup and/or Teardown on Saturday, May 18th. Please add yourself to this list if you can commit to helping, and indicate when you are available.
List of Volunteers
|Your Name||Pre-Cleaning (2pm), Event Running (6pm), or Teardown (10pm), or whole day (All)|
|Your Name||What you can do|
- Bad Dance-Off needs a DJ and horrible song submissions
- Liars Dice, Cards Against Humanity - James
- 15min Introduction to Dungeons and Dragons (D&D)or World of Darkness (WOD)
- Can someone help track down the people who host games in the space on Sundays?
- Finger Painting Competition
- Henna Artist (help fine one)
- Actual Tattoo Artist (help find one)
- Hambone Competition (we'll need to form a blue grass-style band
- Hacker Shuffleboard (we'll need sidewalk chalk and someone to set this up along the wall by the kitchen.
- Vinyl Sticker Cutting by Donation (who can handle this?)
- People repping 3D Printers (also a hit at previous events)
- T-shirt silkscreening (someone please help take point on this)
- Flyer Creation (James is happy to do this once more event details are known
- Music and Performance. Let me know if you're available! Recommend Bands, etc.
- Another fundraising crew for Noisebridge, set up by the door to welcome everyone.
- The Maker Maker - a photo frame with Idea lightbulb over head. could be as simple as a cardboard box
- Send Noisebridge Agents to the MakerFaire with "invite cards" to get the word out (would they hand them out to anybody? Or would we want them to target makers/hackers/people with booths?)
- 3D printing demos
- wall of LED strips from Heroic Robotics (see Youtube here: http://www.heroicrobotics.com/) or any other led matrix (http://youtu.be/bzG4r1-31T8)