The Noisebridge Manual is an ever-changing answer to an unanswerable question: How does Noisebridge really work?
This is not general advice for fixing things. If something at Noisebridge isn't working and it needs fixing, then check out Help.
Are you new to Noisebridge? Have you been coming here for years?
Either way, you should really read up on what we're all about. Lots of this stuff is the basis for what we do.
- Noisebridge Vision - What's it all about?
- About - An incredibly broad description of some of our more grandiose mechanisms
- Testimonials - In your own words, what is Noisebridge?
- Oral histories about Noisebridge
Visitors and Guests
- Getting Here - How to actually find the space...
- Getting In - And what to do when you arrive
- Visitor advice - Some advice on what you're getting into
- Community Standards - What we expect from each other
- The Neighborhood - What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
- Docents - What it means to greet a newbie at the space
- Do-ocracy - One of our guiding principles
- Consensus Process - How decisions are made within the community
- Membership - How membership works at Noisebridge
- Philanthropist - Become a 24 hour access Noisebridger by donating and helping out
- How to join Noisebridge - Another view on how membership works
- Meetings - Noisebridge meets every Tuesday evening
- Guilds - Organized groups maintaining resources and events at Noisebridge
- Hosting an Event
- Discuss - https://discuss.noisebridge.info - open, public forum
- Discord - Constant real-time chat and voice and screen streaming
- Jitsi - https://meet.jit.si/noisebridge - Live-streamed video channel used for meetings.
- Jitsi Virtual Hackitorium - https://nsa.bench.supply/hackatorium
- IRC - Its full of bad jokes and robots that go quack
- Slack - IRC on steroids. Invite only.
- Mailing list - A lot of e-mails and stuff. They've got a trove of historical archives!
- Guestbook - Just like a B&B guestbook, leave a note after your visit
- FractalWorkingGroup - Our pattern for getting things done without dragging it to the Tuesday Meeting
- Community Standards - How to not fuck up at Noisebridge
- CommunityWorkingGroup - Bringing the Noisebridge community together to create a better space for all.
- Conflict Resolution - What to do when we don't get along.
- Mediation - People within the community who have offered their time, tears, and sweat to keep us all together.
Day to Day Operations
- Secretariat - The really important things that keep us legal
- Safety - Preventing those old school hardhat accidents.
- House keeping - Weekly chores and other vitals
- Access Control - Discussion about how physical access is handled
- Stickers - The ubiquitous stickers and how to restock our supply
- Opening and closing the space
- Finances - The one social construct we're still party to
- Resources - An overview of the resources, equipment and projects in the space
- Shims and Hacks - A list of problems around the space and how they were solved with a clever reminder or choice.
- Network - Our IP transmission infrastructure (Internet Protocol here of course; not Intellectual Property!)
- Infrastructure To Do List
About the cover
[[The cover is based on an actual Heathkit Noisebridge Manual.
|This page is maintained by the Documentation Working Group.
If technical writing is your thing, you should consider helping out by editing this page!
|Document ALL The Things!|
|YES, ALL THE THINGS|