Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | (Edit)|
|Manual | Visitors | Participation | Excellence | Do-ocracy | Consensus | Standards | Outreach | Operations | Cleaning | Edit | Cat|
|The Noisebridge Manual is an ever-changing answer to an unanswerable question: How does Noisebridge really work?|
"No hacker ever steps in the same Noisebridge twice, for it's not the same space and they're not the same person."
Are you new to Noisebridge? Have you been coming here for years? Learn how things work as of last edit.
- About - An incredibly broad description of some of our more grandiose mechanisms
- Noisebridge Vision - A space for sharing, creation, collaboration, research, development, mentoring, and of course, learning with excellent doocratic consensus.
- Testimonials - In your own words, what is Noisebridge?
- Oral histories about Noisebridge
- Materials - Graphics and goodies to promote Noisebridge.
- Testimonials - What people say about us.
- Lore -History and stories from the old days.
- Photos - See cool things happening at the space.
- Hackerspaces - learn about the global hackerspace movement.
- 501c3 - We're a non-profit so donations are tax-deductible.
- Press - Information for journalists including a Press Kit.
- Help - Troubleshooting advice if things aren't working.
- 272 Capp - Facilities of the space.
- Access - How getting into the space works and how to get 24 hour access.
- Cleaning - How to clean up after yourself and tidy the space.
- Bathrooms - We have a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.
- Network - The Noisebridge WiFi network is free and open.
- AV - Projectors for giving presentations.
- Audio - Sound systems for playing music and events.
- Getting Here - How to actually find the space...
- Getting In - And what to do when you arrive
- Visitor advice - Some advice on what you're getting into
- Community Standards - What we expect from each other
- The Neighborhood - What's in the neighborhood around 2169 Mission
- Docents - What it means to greet a newbie at the space
- Do-ocracy: If you want something done, do it, but remember to be excellent to each other when doing so.
- Consensus Process: Big decisions are made by consensus process, working out agreeable compromises or blocking and rethinking.
- Philanthropist: Become a 24 hour access Noisebridger by donating and helping out
- Membership: To become a Member who can sponsor philanthropists and block consensus you need 2 sponsors and consensus after 4 weeks.
- How to join Noisebridge - Another view on how membership works
- Meetings - Noisebridge meets every Tuesday evening
- Tasks - Noisebridge has a task board! Some tasks can be done for little rewards called bounties!
- Guilds - Organized groups maintaining resources and events at Noisebridge
- Hosting an Event
Communications channels for staying in touch
- Discuss - An open, public forum. https://discuss.noisebridge.info
- Discord - Open chat, anyone is welcome to join. Get into contact with us! https://discord.gg/3NFncdxufQ
- Slack - A smaller chat group that is invite only
- Jitsi - Live-streamed video channel used for meetings. https://meet.jit.si/noisebridge
- Pad - Pad.riseup.net is used for collaborative note-taking during meetings. https://pad.riseup.net/p/nbmeeting
- Wiki - Not a real-time comms tool but the Wiki is how we convey info long term and most things we build are documented as wiki pages which we link to in messages.
- Meetup - We maintain a listing of events like classes on Meetup.
- Mailing list - A lot of e-mails and stuff. They've got a trove of historical archives!
- Guestbook - Just like a B&B guestbook, leave a note after your visit
- Pub - Welcome to our public channel for Secure Scuttlebutt.
- IRC - It's full of bad jokes and robots that go quack
- FractalWorkingGroup - Our pattern for getting things done without dragging it to the Tuesday Meeting
- Community Standards - How to not fuck up at Noisebridge
- Conflict Resolution - What to do if you fuck up at Noisebridge
- AskedToLeave - People who have fucked up and have been asked to leave for a while
- 86 - People who have fucked up and are not welcome at Noisebridge at all
- FERT - Harassers, predators, and the like who everyone should keep an eye out for
- CommunityWorkingGroup - Bringing the Noisebridge community together to create a better space for all.
- Conflict Resolution - What to do when we don't get along.
Day to Day Operations
- Secretariat - The really important things that keep us legal
- Safety - Preventing those old school hardhat accidents.
- House keeping - Weekly chores and other vitals
- Access Control - Discussion about how physical access is handled
- Stickers - The ubiquitous stickers and how to restock our supply
- Opening and closing the space
- Finances - The one social construct we're still party to
- Resources - An overview of the resources, equipment and projects in the space
- Shims and Hacks - A list of problems around the space and how they were solved with a clever reminder or choice.
- Network - Our IP transmission infrastructure (Internet Protocol here of course; not Intellectual Property!)
- Infrastructure To Do List
- Help - If something at Noisebridge isn't working and it needs fixing/
- Network Troubleshooting - what to do if the network is acting up or down.
- Category:History of Noisebridge
- Noisebridge Experiments
About the cover
[[The cover is based on an actual Heathkit Noisebridge Manual.
|This page is maintained by the Documentation Working Group. If technical writing is your thing, you should consider helping out by editing this page! | Document ALL The Things! YES, ALL THE THINGS | Edit|