The Noisebridge Media Center (NBMC) is a PC called Horsy running some software hooked up to our main projector in the common space. People can use this to play video content off of Pony, for presentations, or other things that require a big screen.
How to use
Getting videos and music onto the media center
The media center machine, Horsy, has little to no hard drive space. It's only meant to run software to play movies and music. If you have stuff you want to play on the machine, here are your options:
- Put it on Pony, since XBMC reads off of an NFS share
$ scp -R /your/local/media email@example.com/d2/videos/movies/
- Mount a drive via USB or eSATA
$ pmount /dev/sdX
- Access a network share (really fucking annoying)
- Just plug in your own machine into the projector
There might also be a keyboard and mouse hooked up to the machine which can control the media center.
LINK TO KEYBOARD KEYS AND SHIT HERE.
If XBMC isn't running, one will have to VNC in and run it.
It's running MPD.
VNC is running
Address: horsy.noise:5900 Username: mediacenter Password: mediacenter
Need more shell access? Talk to rubin110.
- ZOTAC IONITX-A-U Atom N330 1.6GHz Dual-Core Mini ITX Intel Motherboard
- Shit ton of ram
- Some hard drive
- M350 Universal Mini-ITX Enclosure
- Debian Lenny 5.0
- Xbox Media Center