Meeting Notes 2008 01 22

From Noisebridge
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: == Meeting Notes == Roughly 10-12 people showed up for the meeting. Not everyone showed up at the same time, so we did not go through a formal agenda. Instead, we discussed the following...)
 
m (Reverted edits by Abenaqadat (Talk) to last revision by 213.235.202.173)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
+
[[Category:Meeting Notes]]
 
== Meeting Notes ==
 
== Meeting Notes ==
  
Line 5: Line 5:
  
 
* Insurance update
 
* Insurance update
     - David Molnar reported on calling insurance agents. Two agents have promised to call back on 23/01/08 with more information and possibly a quote. We need a 1-paragraph description of what Noisebridge does, see [[InsuranceQuestions]]. David also provided the wiki link because one of the agents needed to see a web site for any new business. We will find out soon if this was a mistake.
+
     - David Molnar reported on calling insurance agents. Two agents have promised to call back on 23/01/08  
     - David reported that one of the insurance agents wanted to know what kind of "electronics assembly" projects we might do; David gave as an example the mind alteration device with LED flashing lights. The insurance agent thought it was interesting.  
+
    with more information and possibly a quote. We need a 1-paragraph description of what Noisebridge does,  
 +
    see [[InsuranceQuestions]]. David also provided the wiki link because one of the agents needed to see a  
 +
    web site for any new business. We will find out soon if this was a mistake.
 +
     - David reported that one of the insurance agents wanted to know what kind of "electronics assembly" projects  
 +
    we might do; David gave as an example the mind alteration device with LED flashing lights. The insurance agent  
 +
    thought it was interesting.  
 
     - Several other agents have been messaged and should get back to David soon.  
 
     - Several other agents have been messaged and should get back to David soon.  
 
     - We said that for now, we do not plan to do anything in the space that might be extraordinarily dangerous  
 
     - We said that for now, we do not plan to do anything in the space that might be extraordinarily dangerous  
Line 23: Line 28:
 
     - Public n3rd Area, Mission counterPULSE, NIMBY, etc.  
 
     - Public n3rd Area, Mission counterPULSE, NIMBY, etc.  
 
     - We talked about what we want to see from Noisebridge that is different from current groups
 
     - We talked about what we want to see from Noisebridge that is different from current groups
 +
    - Specifically, counterPULSE rents hourly space and isn't good for long-term projects, SF Microcontroller group
 +
    does not have a space, NIMBY is more of a space rental and less of a community, etc.

Latest revision as of 19:23, 23 November 2010

[edit] Meeting Notes

Roughly 10-12 people showed up for the meeting. Not everyone showed up at the same time, so we did not go through a formal agenda. Instead, we discussed the following topics at various points during the night. Please edit to add anything DavidMolnar left out:

  • Insurance update
   - David Molnar reported on calling insurance agents. Two agents have promised to call back on 23/01/08 
   with more information and possibly a quote. We need a 1-paragraph description of what Noisebridge does, 
   see InsuranceQuestions. David also provided the wiki link because one of the agents needed to see a 
   web site for any new business. We will find out soon if this was a mistake.
   - David reported that one of the insurance agents wanted to know what kind of "electronics assembly" projects 
   we might do; David gave as an example the mind alteration device with LED flashing lights. The insurance agent 
   thought it was interesting. 
   - Several other agents have been messaged and should get back to David soon. 
   - We said that for now, we do not plan to do anything in the space that might be extraordinarily dangerous 
  • Basement 9th and Mission update
   - Landlord has not called back yet. 
  • Marc made food, and we ordered indian pizza
   - Yum! Mugwort soba, brazillian fruit sorbet, other fun stuff.
  • New people showed up
   - We saw several people who had not made it to a Noisebridge meeting before. Welcome!
  • Hacker space discussion
   - We talked about other spaces in the US that are hacker or art spaces
   - Public n3rd Area, Mission counterPULSE, NIMBY, etc. 
   - We talked about what we want to see from Noisebridge that is different from current groups
   - Specifically, counterPULSE rents hourly space and isn't good for long-term projects, SF Microcontroller group 
   does not have a space, NIMBY is more of a space rental and less of a community, etc.
Personal tools