Meeting Notes 2008 11 18
Time and Place
8pm, place: Noisebridge, 83C Wiese St. near 16th St. & Mission St., San Francisco
- Quick update on current running projects, past and upcoming events (to make us happy!)
- Rubin's proposal for donations (junk) (Rachel or Rubin)
- Collaboration with artist (Walter Funk) on Hologlyphic Movie system, with possible funding
- Build haptic interface for a blind grad student? (David Molnar)
- Thank-you to Bill Pollack from No Starch Press for all the books and things!
- Discuss homebrew beer making as on agenda for 11.4
- Read applicant names from membership binder
Hologlyphic Movie system, with possible funding
- bucketworks has done done fiscal sponsorship before with artists and barcampMilwaukee
- cellspace is a shared space to promote the arts in SF
- i don't know much about it, but James Carlson of Bucketworks recommend that i get involved with them, they have a lot in common with bucketworks from what i hear.
- what universities can serve as the fiscal sponsor?
For project info see Hologlyphic Video Art.
A while ago I bought the domainname digitalstorms.com, i figured it would be nice to do some sort of project related to info maps, and i think one of the first maps, might be one that blends economic data with blogs. "we feel fine" is a great project that blends art, with sensory computing, and allows the web to emote just a little bit about us.
the idea hear was to capture interesting data from a speech or conversation and somehow relate that to google searches and some sort of UI, either for art, fun, or profit.