Meeting Notes 2009 08 25
Moderator: Josh Note-Taker: Rachel
 Agenda Items
- Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about.
- Treasurer's Report
- Very brief primer on Noisebridge consensus process.
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
- PyClass (Monday 6:30PM, 83c)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (8PM, 83c)
- Machine Learning Wednesdays (8PM, 83c)
- Kite Hacking Thursday (8PM, 83c)
- Science/Engineering Huddle (8PM Fridays, 83c) come early for one-on-one
- Shop Class - Most Fridays @ 8pm, check out the wiki page for details.
- Natural Language Corners
- German Thursdays 7PM 83c, beginners earlier, advanced come later.
- French Wednesday
- Sensebridge Cyborg Group (Sundays)
- OpenEEG Sunday 3pm - 5pm
- Noisebridge CTF
- Go on Sunday 3pm
- Locks! Sunday 3pm
- Spacial Imaging Workshop - Sunday 16th, 7pm
 Project Updates
- 2169 Mission
- Buildout team update
- Floor report
 Membership Binder
 Consensus Items
- Budget: $15,000 for buildout ($3000 already spent)
 Discussion topics
meeting run by Josh
first meeting for Christian (welcome Christian)
brief intros of people ("ceiling Praveen is watching you masturbate")
we all know what Noisebridge is about
 buildout reports
- floor total about $2365 out of $3300 estimated
- floor process:
- dug needles & crap out from between cracks
- MANY vaccuuming & sweeping
- army of putty-ers
- sanded again
- sealant (water-based)
- 2 coats of water-based top coat
- don't walk on the floors until noon Thursday
- next thing to do is trace the rest of the electrical, Thursday night, 7PM
- Zedd allegedly swears he will build the walls all by himself in one day
- Jonathan Moore's pictures are on the web, there's one of the wall map
- painting to be broken down into manageable chunks
- prep needs to happen first, painting is LAST
- will put up pictures and budget later today
- Scott is our contractor, was in hospital with heart palpitations
- is better now
- expects to complete the bathroom around Sept 5th
- needs 2 days of water off (during burning man)
- Dr Jesus says one of the walls is out of plumb
Shannon: build team meeting, Friday 8PM, at 2169
Membership binder: it's at 2169. no it's not. potential members:
- Michael Wright - member
- Laura Khalil - member
- Naomi Most - member
 Consensus items:
Budget discussion, Shannon wants $15k for the buildout. We've spent $3k already. That's about what we have in the bank. Do we want to spend that and assume we can raise more? Some of the $16k pledges have come in, some have not. $9000 not rec'd according to wiki, need actual numbers from Mitch. $2500 of marked donated already should get employer matching funds too, $1750 of uncollected donations should get matched.
budget breakdown is on a google doc, linked on the wiki.
big expenses remaining are electrical, kitchen, HVAC (unknown)
propose making sure the wall for the kitchen is built with a drain (by Scott while he's there) and the electrical work, but postpone full kitchen buildout for next month or so.
HVAC contractor coming on Friday, no estimate or anything has happened yet.
we have already spent $350 on SCADA, $2365 on floor. budget is being updated as we go along.
concern that the budget is not detailed enough; pointed out that it can't be fully detailed yet.
- consense on spending $15k? No, we don't have the money, or at least we aren't sure we have it.
- consense on spending $10k? Yes, we are pretty confident we can swing that.
reading names of membership binder.
Christian is volunteering for a couple public schools, asks ppl to help him out with Linux expertise and old equipment, please talk to him if you want to help out. The 2 schools are Creative Arts Charter School, and Kipp San Francisco Bay Academy.