Meeting Notes 2009 09 08
Revision as of 21:29, 8 September 2009 by SpammerHellDontDelete
Moderator: r miloh alexander
Note-Taker: naomi most
Introduction and Names
What Noisebridge is about
Very brief primer on Noisebridge consensus process
Let's Have an Awesome Time Doing Science! Event next month at UCSF
OCTOBER 8th-10th at UCSF Byers Auditorium
Un-conference sponsored by American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Participants "emerge" a conference based on networking & interest
- Cross-pollinate between disciplines, report on what everybody's working on
- Meet other scientists, researchers, and engineers
- Host your own panel on whatever you want
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
- PyClass (Monday 6:30PM, 83c)
- Ruby R School (Monday 20:00, 83c)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (8PM, 83c)
- Machine Learning Wednesdays (8PM, 83c)
- Kite Hacking Thursday (8PM, 83c)
- Science/Engineering Huddle (8PM Fridays, 83c) come early for one-on-one
- Shop Class - Most Fridays @ 8pm, check out the wiki page for details.
- Natural Language Corners
- Sensebridge Cyborg Group (Sundays)
- OpenEEG Sunday 3pm - 5pm
- Noisebridge CTF
- Go on Sunday 3pm
- Locks! Sunday 3pm
- Spacial Imaging Workshop - Sunday 16th, 7pm
- 2169 Mission
- Buildout team update
- Floor report
- Moving Noisebridge, 9/11
- More T-shirts for Noisebridge
- More stickers for Noisebridge
- We can find out if we have lead pretty easily with this home test-kit. There are others that are effective, too, according to Consumer Reports (Homax LeadCheck, First Alert Premium *Lead Test Kit*, and Abotex Lead Inspector), all probably about the same price.
- According to people I've spoken to, this isn't a big deal to deal with if we have lead in our old paint -- mostly just painting over it. -- Mitch.
- Why are we discussing this? People who are concerned should buy the kit and do the test and report their findings on the wiki or mailing list. Don't talk about doing it -- do it and talk about the results. Adi 18:32, 8 September 2009 (PDT)
Rachel get well soon card and LED lights
- Let's make a card and have folks sign it.
- Let's string it up with LEDs, fuck yeah.
- What's up with the Membership Team?
- Where's all the awesome stuff the membership team has gotten through consensus?
- How should these be treated?
- Access to Noisebridge
- Shelf space
- Networked / powered shelf space
- Local machines, such as Pony
- Remote machines and VM instances
- A la NIMBY patches, Noisebridge should have patches. Consensus item for next week.