Meeting Notes 2010 03 09
- 1 Crew
- 1.1 Announcements
- 1.2 Consensus items
- 1.3 Discussion Items
Moderator: Jason Dusek
- New WiFi access point
- Albert introduces himself
- Henrik is visiting from Denmark
- Touring hackerspaces and would like to interview people
Introduction and Names
What Noisebridge is about
- A collaborative environment to work on projects
- "Noisebridge is a machine for turning Alcohol into flamewars"
- Not present.
- Remember to pay your dues!
- "Is anyone owned money?"
- Jason thinks we do not
Amount in bank: $???
Very brief primer on Noisebridge consensus process
- Zedd has the binder. Up for membership:
- Glen Jarvis is here and up for membership
- Been coming to noisebridge for a while. Didn't understand the membership process -- sorry. Been coming to Monday night circuit hacking evenings. Would like to be coming more and sharing the space more.
- Zedd Epstein is up for membership
- "I'm Zedd, I build stuff."
- Christopher L. is up for membership
- Joined on with Spacebridge. Had been doing balloon launches for the photos. Got involved in the first launch and things noisebridge is awesome.
- Chris L. is up for membership
- Wants to sew. Been dropping in since it started. Like to sew, solder, and lights. Going to bring some color!
- Wants to make diffraction gratings in the darkroom
- Glen Jarvis is here and up for membership
- Zedd, Glen, Christopher, and Chris go for beer...
- Discussion about each member up for memebership. Concerns and praise are voiced.
- Chris L. is now a member of Noisebridge
- Christopher L. is now a member of Noisebridge
- Glen Jarvis is now a member of Noisebridge
- Zedd Epstein is now a member of Noisebridge
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
- People are building things. Lots of new faces. It's awesome.
- Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169)
- It's been happening reliably. People meet. Python happens.
- Linux Discussion Group - Wednesdays from 18:00 to 20:00 in the Turing classroom
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
- "Sewing and Crafting on Wednesdays" 'or'..
- "Sewing, Crafting, or Whatever"
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, back from Berlin and 2010 class is in session
- Shop Friday still plans to come back when the shop is done.
- Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
- Sensebridge is hacking shit to give you additional senses. The EEG group is hacking EEG. They have a 10-channel EEG that they are trying to convert to digital.
- Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM planning meeting this Sunday to decide
- The Noisebridge space program. They are going to launch again and plan for it to go higher and freeze less. More pretty graphs.
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
- People that hang around on Sunday. Some people tie knots, some play Go, and some people play with locks. Sometimes at the same time.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- 5 minute talks. Still slots open. If you're interested in talking, submit a talk.
- Welcome To Our Kitchen Come celebrate Pi day this Sunday with the opening of our newly completed kitchen!
- Ani, Rubin, Miloh, and Jeffrey are putting this together. Going to be making pizza and sudo pop. Starting at 3:14 PM local time. $5 donation to cover costs.
- The new kitchen is AWESOME!
- Videos of PyCon talks Saturday, March 27, 10:00 to 22:00
- PyCon was far away. For those that couldn't go, let's hang out and watch the videos of the proceedings. The turtles talk is incredible.
- Nearing completion.
- We have hot water!
- Zedd: "Hot water fucking works!"
- Library/dead tree: books in the new bookshelves are wanted by someone. if you want books that are in the boxes or on the old bookshelves, move them to the new bookshelves.
- New bookshelves are by Penisland.
- Old bookshelves are metal and by the elevator room
- Rats are still around. What should we do?
- In the basement, there are three huge windows with metal grates. Rats have chewed through the metal.
- We probably have a bionic rat variety
- As construction continues, we'll fill more and more holes in the infrastructure. Hopefully this will help to reduce the influx of Rattus norvegicus.
- Rats are running in packs. Run for your lives.
- Jof for President of Noisebridge
This item was approved by consensus.
Please list your name (or proxy) next to each item you list here. Good form is to personally (or through proxy) lead items added here at the meeting.