Meeting Notes 2010 06 08
The 113th Meeting of Noisebridge.
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
- Moderator: Al
- Note-Taker: Rachel
Attending: (see notes, below)
Officers/Directors: Rachel, Shannon
Introduction and Names
- Anyone new to the meeting/space should stand up and say something cool.
- What Noisebridge is about: We make stuff and so can you!
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
Cash in the bank: $8997 This is LESS than the $15,000 3-months amount that we want stored. Remind members to pay their dues.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
The following items should be introduced:
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
- Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169)
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, 2010 class is in session
- Shop Friday still plans to come back when the shop is done.
- Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
- Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
- Introduce nburl.net tiny url service.
- Coming up with some library software.
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
New Names are read in the binder:
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder. Note: this week, notices were sent to sponsors of potential members languishing in the back of the binder due to not attending membership meeting for induction.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.
al presiding, gave a consensus process primer
intro & names
- Al, python stuff
- Mike Kan, brought the SEM
- Steve (new), from hackerspace in san diego, loft nearby, culture hacking
- Brian, an engineer, spacebridge
- Rachel, floor in back
- Gigi, from Sacto, Linux users group
- Gian-Pablo, used to be NYCResistor, now here, makerbot
- Dan, from Sacto, curious
- Christina, EE grad, just moved here
- Conrad, from Houston, chemistry & EE, web programming, PHP, linux since a baby
- Shannon, had a breadboard arduino kit
Treasurer's Report. We're short of money, we don't have 3 months of expenses in the bank. - last week was $8500. income is trending down. what's being done:
- al & rachel app
- contacting old prospective members
- bin with suggested donation "become a member, or kick in a couple dollars every time you come"
Weekly stuff (the usual, it's on the wiki)
Spacebridge launched Saturday from Dublin, it landed NE of Stockton, 80 mi, 2 hrs. lots of pictures, 2 cameras on balloons but no video. Success!
Bacchus, 60k ft, went nearly to Yosemite. All of the retrievers but the driver got poison oak. Success!
Library organized into loose categories (Programming by language, computer books, etc). System for tracking books being planned, talk to Al to get involved.
Documentation! We have a tiny URL service at nburl.net, password is noiserat. Write up stuff on the wiki, make a nburl for it, place a label on the item with the url so people can look it up. Some things are labeled but not yet properly documented (write some docs if you know how things work!). For example, the lathe has a nburl stuck on it.
Erin had a work party last Saturday, many things got done including:
- trash & recycling bins organized, labeled, and set around
- plywood retaining strip in shop
- rear floor work begun, talk to Rachel to help
- Ben Posmer (loves NB), 2nd week
- Gigi Rodia (great cause, worthwhile community, wants to participate), 2nd week, sponsor Jim
- Steve "Thor" "Hephaestus" Koenig, Juggalo Science, 2 spnosors, Rachel & illegible
- Elizabeth Quirk Goodman, lockpicking, knot tying, crafts, will be around more this summer. 2 sponsors, DrSyzygy, Jonathan Moore
- Corey McGuire, shapelock. sponsors mct & illegible
- Dan Farina, support NB, cooking, the Lulz. sponsors Mike Kan, Milo.