Meeting Notes 2010 08 03

From Noisebridge
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Non-weekly)
(fixing meeting number)
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The 120th Meeting of Noisebridge
+
The 121th Meeting of Noisebridge
  
 
== Crew ==
 
== Crew ==
 
'''Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.'''
 
'''Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.'''
  
* Moderator:  
+
* Moderator: Ronald Miloh Alexander
* Note-Taker:
+
* Note-Taker: Sai Emrys
  
 
Notes:
 
Notes:
Line 30: Line 30:
  
 
=== Announcements ===
 
=== Announcements ===
 +
 +
Ace Monster Toys, the East Bay Hackerspace - 6050 Lowell, Oakland/Emeryville,  acemonstertoys.org
 +
 +
We have a large designjet - large format inkjet printer. People should set it up and use it more.
 +
 +
SEM needs operators. Ask Mike how to teach people how to use it.
  
 
=== Financial Report ===
 
=== Financial Report ===
Funds in bank:  
+
Funds in bank:
 +
 
 +
There is no active treasurer. We don't really know who's a paid-up member, whether members are being reminded, etc. Someone should step up and do this.
  
 
=== Membership Binder ===
 
=== Membership Binder ===
Line 44: Line 52:
 
===== Weekly =====
 
===== Weekly =====
 
* [[Circuit_Hacking_Mondays|Circuit Hacking Mondays]] (7PM, 2169)
 
* [[Circuit_Hacking_Mondays|Circuit Hacking Mondays]] (7PM, 2169)
 +
* Tuesday general meeeting
 
* I/phone development discussions (please link and add in time here)
 
* I/phone development discussions (please link and add in time here)
 
* BACE working group on Monday evenings http://timebank.sfbace.org/
 
* BACE working group on Monday evenings http://timebank.sfbace.org/
Line 64: Line 73:
  
 
Darkroom
 
Darkroom
 +
 +
ZergBridge!
  
 
===== Non-weekly =====
 
===== Non-weekly =====
Line 69: Line 80:
  
 
Trying to find a time:  
 
Trying to find a time:  
Bay Area Hacker's Association
+
*Bay Area Hacker's Association monthly or fortnightly meetings.
  
 
=== Project Updates ===
 
=== Project Updates ===
 +
 +
Your mother was a build out.
  
 
=== Consensus items ===
 
=== Consensus items ===
 +
 +
None
  
 
=== Discussion Items ===
 
=== Discussion Items ===
 +
 +
Ethics workshop coming to Noisebridge?
 +
 +
What does Ace Monster Toys need that we don't need?
 +
 +
Does noisebridge have a [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Ignore_all_rules| Ignore_all_rules] clause?
 +
People should at least hear about it.
 +
 +
Noisebridge affinity area orientations.  Are you a software developer who occasionally uses a hammer?  Are you a chef who doesn't know what a Pony is?  Are you a junk hoarder with a spare kansnoodelater who doesn't know that *that* it is precisely what Noisebridge needs to survive?
  
 
=== End of Meeting ===
 
=== End of Meeting ===

Latest revision as of 13:44, 30 November 2010

The 121th Meeting of Noisebridge

Contents

[edit] Crew

Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.

  • Moderator: Ronald Miloh Alexander
  • Note-Taker: Sai Emrys

Notes:

Quote of the day: "Someone told me to come to 2169", "Are you sure they meant mission street?"

Welcome to 2169

  • What noisebridge is about
 - We are excelent
  • Who's here?
 - Do the names, it's important.
  • Tres. report
  • membership binder

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Introduction and Names

[edit] Announcements

Ace Monster Toys, the East Bay Hackerspace - 6050 Lowell, Oakland/Emeryville, acemonstertoys.org

We have a large designjet - large format inkjet printer. People should set it up and use it more.

SEM needs operators. Ask Mike how to teach people how to use it.

[edit] Financial Report

Funds in bank:

There is no active treasurer. We don't really know who's a paid-up member, whether members are being reminded, etc. Someone should step up and do this.

[edit] Membership Binder

  • Clean up binder pages, remove pages of any approved members into the records binder.
  • Read off any names from the binder for the past month. (edit this step to include current checkmark system)
  • Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave while the present group comes to a Consensus about their membership.

[edit] What's Going On at Noisebridge

One short sentence about each of the following: (Ideally delivered by the *moderator*)

[edit] Weekly
  • Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
  • Tuesday general meeeting
  • I/phone development discussions (please link and add in time here)
  • BACE working group on Monday evenings http://timebank.sfbace.org/
  • Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169)
  • Linux system administration certification study group 3 PM to 6 PM (turing) (what day?)
  • Linux discussion group 6 PM to 8 PM (turing) (day?)
  • Machine Learning (please link and add in time here)
  • Tastebridge (Taste bridge usually meets for planning following the Tuesday meeting)
  • SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
  • GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, back from Berlin(? please edit) and 2010 class is in session
  • Programming_for_Poets Gentle introduction to Processing; most Thursdays at 8 if !(Currently on Hiatus)
  • Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
  • Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM planning meeting this Sunday to decide
  • Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
  • D&D Sundays: A group has been holding campaigns in Church on Sundays for the last month at least.

Other groups

Android Development

Darkroom

ZergBridge!

[edit] Non-weekly

Trying to find a time:

  • Bay Area Hacker's Association monthly or fortnightly meetings.

[edit] Project Updates

Your mother was a build out.

[edit] Consensus items

None

[edit] Discussion Items

Ethics workshop coming to Noisebridge?

What does Ace Monster Toys need that we don't need?

Does noisebridge have a Ignore_all_rules clause? People should at least hear about it.

Noisebridge affinity area orientations. Are you a software developer who occasionally uses a hammer? Are you a chef who doesn't know what a Pony is? Are you a junk hoarder with a spare kansnoodelater who doesn't know that *that* it is precisely what Noisebridge needs to survive?

[edit] End of Meeting

  • PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
  • Put back the membership binder.
  • Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
  • Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
  • Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
  • Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.
Personal tools