Meeting Notes 2010 08 10
The 120th Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
Welcome! Kelly == moderator. Note-taker == mrdomino (whoo!) == notes-virgin.
What's Noisebridge? Hacking. Shit. Community. Hackers. Hack things. Formal organization. Community.
Where did Shannon's facial hair go?
New people == coddled.
Quote of the day: "Someone told me to come to 2169", "Are you sure they meant mission street?"
Welcome to 2169
- What noisebridge is about
- We are excelent
- Who's here?
- Do the names, it's important.
- Tres. report
- Where the fuck is Jeffrey? - A: Mexico - We have no idea how much money we have. We believe that Jeffrey is in hiding. Cash flow negative or positive -- who knows?! No danger of losing our space, but we could become in danger of losing our space. Money is not going to the Camen Islands. Membership autopayment: . Currently we have $6000 (< $15000). Check your autopayments! Paypal are wankers. - Jeff planning to catch up on duties in next $interval, but not going for reelection. - Nominations for treasurer? Rubin! Volunteers: talk to Andy. - Noisebridge federal reserve: noted. Proposal -- ozzie: trunk show fundraiser. Rubin: Club Mate. Half-bottle on ebay. - Post to noisebridge-discuss! Be inflammatory!
- membership binder
- Done. No members. :(
Introduction and Names
- Anyone new to the meeting/space should stand up and say something cool.
- What Noisebridge is about: We make stuff and so can you!
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
- Calling the cops and Noisebridge participants.
- Noisebridge has no official policies. However, we do enjoy drama. - Summary:
Funds in bank:
There is no active treasurer. We don't really know who's a paid-up member, whether members are being reminded, etc. Someone should step up and do this.
- Clean up binder pages, remove pages of any approved members into the records binder.
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. (edit this step to include current checkmark system)
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave while the present group comes to a Consensus about their membership.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following: (Ideally delivered by the *moderator*)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
- Tuesday general meeeting
- I/phone development discussions (please link and add in time here)
- BACE working group on Monday evenings http://timebank.sfbace.org/
- Python Mondays (6:30 PM, 2169)
- Linux system administration certification study group 3 PM to 6 PM (turing) (what day?)
- Linux discussion group 6 PM to 8 PM (turing) (day?)
- Machine Learning (please link and add in time here)
- Tastebridge (Taste bridge usually meets for planning following the Tuesday meeting)
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 8PM, back from Berlin(? please edit) and 2010 class is in session
- Programming_for_Poets Gentle introduction to Processing; most Thursdays at 8 if !(Currently on Hiatus)
- Sensebridge and the EEG group - Sundays at afternoonish (1-2ish) - come to try brain scanning
- Spacebridge - Sundays at 5PM planning meeting this Sunday to decide
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sundays 3PM
- D&D Sundays: A group has been holding campaigns in Church on Sundays for the last month at least.
Trying to find a time:
- Bay Area Hacker's Association monthly or fortnightly meetings.
Your mother was a build out.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.