Meeting Notes 2010 09 21
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
The Meeting of Noisebridge
== Crew ==
== Crew ==
Revision as of 13:52, 30 November 2010
The 128th Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
- Moderator: Zedd
- Note-Taker: mrdomino
Introduction and Names
- Tony: doin' it.
- Liz: bunch of lizzes, however, so call this one "Iz". Iz does.
- Owen: science and tech writing/editing and has fun cooking.
- Shannon: not a girl.
- Salvador Dali Lama. Goes by Dali. Hacking something called post-capitalism maximalism.
- David: Don't have anything to say about what he does at this time. However, does have a job.
- Steve: new-ish/old-ish
- Sarah: found the Alabama hackerspace, cool to be to another one
- Simon: programmer, currently looking for work and taking pictures
- Lief: doesn't know Simon, but approves of his shirt.
- Zedd: wonderful meeting leader. Um, yeah.
- Moxie: fellow at institute for disruptive studies.
- Jessie: things, stuff, yeah.
- Mike: recognized as tech floating guy.
- Daniel: (mumbles) San Francisco native
- Peter: hacks.
- Megan: new to Nosiebridge, works for tech company in east bay.
- Nils: used to frequent more, then moved to Seattle. Back now.
- Kelly: neuroscience.
- Nina: just graduated from dental school, can't find job. First time officially hanging out.
- Frantisek: cooking, brewing, incubating, cook, hacking, technology, etc.
- Analia(?): food-hacking
- Iskie: food is amazing
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (7PM, 2169)
- Pyclass at 7ish
- GameDevelopment - Wednesdays at 6PM
- SCoW craft group - Wednesdays at 7PM - sometimes they make hats.
- Machine_Learning - Tuesdays
- Linux system administration certification study group (several days)
- Spacebridge - Sundays
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - Sunday afternoons, as needed.
Dr. Bobby? Shannon: Dr. Robert Owens is self-doctored. Has been showing up at NB and being disruptively schizophrenic (yes, we have another one). Shannon removed him fom the space. He followed Shannon across San Francisco. Shannon got on BART; he had a ticket. Shannon entered an access-controlled building and let security handle him.
Friday: rummaging through spare parts bins attempting to build an NSA supercomputer. We let him take the PCI network card and an old PCMCIA card. He left Applied Cryptography.
Saturday: someone escorted him "the hell" out.
Sunday: came back; police came and took him away. SFPD knows Dr. Bobby very well.
Zedd turns trains on back.
Shannon: Bobby shows clear signs of schizophrenia.
We've had this discussion before. If people feel endangered, they should do what they need to do.
He's been coming here for two months. He's been sitting at a computer looking at camps and stuff.
In general, having the police here is undesirable. On the other hand, feel free to avail yourself of the emergency structures of San Francisco.
Executive summary: If he creeps you out and you don't want to deal with it, post to IRC and see if someone wants to deal with it. If no one volunteers, call the police probably.
Related update: Erin got out of the hospital but is now shacked up with a friend in the south bay. Hacker Dojo?
Anonymous piece of cardboard: guy seeking help on that thing sitting next to Mike. His name's Anthony. Words illegible. He's got some Google stuff. The cardboard piece is on the apparatus next to Mike. It is an apparatus to keep a container of water at a specific temperature. He said he'd be back.
Did some changes to the fridge. The big fridge is now just drinks. Use the non-big fridge for non-drinks.
Treasurer's term is up. We need a new treasurer. Kelly has volunteered to step up. Next week we will be officially consensing on letting Kelly manage our money. (Other people can totally step up.) In the absence of anyone else, we're going to force Kelly to do it next week.
Moxie: October 2
Week from this Saturday, Noisebridge anniversary party is here. Moxie could use some help with it -- specifically with promotion. Only fun if you have at least 100 people here. Moxie's just moved back, so he's not well-positioned to market it.
Party starts at 7:30. Deciding what to do with the money is only half of it, and we're playing music and stuff too. Does anyone have weird mad-science-y projects to put up in the space? If so, talk to Moxie.
End of Meeting
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine at the northeast corner.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.