Meeting Notes 2010 11 16
The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge
Get someone to grab the membership binder now. Get someone to take notes.
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
Funds in bank:
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- Iphone Dev Meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church)
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 7PM, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Tuesday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Church)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Linux System administration certification study group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
Proposal for a button to be added to the touch panel that displays the current bandwidth usage by each user connected to the noisebridge network. Sometimes the network slows down and it is important to figure out who is eating up all the bandwidth.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine at the northeast corner.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.