Meeting Notes 2010 12 14
- 1 The 139th Meeting of Noisebridge
- 2 Crew
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 Introduction and Names
- 3.2 Announcements
- 3.3 Financial Report
- 3.4 Membership Binder
- 3.5 What's Going On at Noisebridge
- 3.6 Project Updates
- 3.7 Consensus items
- 3.8 Discussion Items
- 4 End of Meeting
- 5 End of Meeting
The 139th Meeting of Noisebridge
- Noisebridge meeting notes archive.
- Previous previous meeting notes (2010/12/07).
- The Noisebridge meeting notes template
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you!
New Weekly things happening at Noisebridge
In addition to the ones already listed on the meetings form page:
- Ruby Tuesdays is now happening
- Carl or Alex is teaching Unity to people who show up on Wednesdays
- Pwn Your Own Wireless security class went better then expected and is expected to be a good lead into Januaries wiretapping class (of which it should be made more vocal that noisebridge's open wireless network is not a secure network)
- Friday Night Shop Class meets Friday nights at Midnight, with the current project of building a CNC machine.
Payment of dues or donations to keep Noisebridge operating
We keep records of cash donations at Noisebridge.
For money collected from the drinks bin on the fridge: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Beverage_Bin_Record
For money collected from the donation bins at the front of Noisebridge: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Donation_Bin_Record
For money collected from the spiral coin wells: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Coin_Bin_Record
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce them selves then leave the area in search of gifts for the rest of the group.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions. * Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 7PM, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Tuesday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Church)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Linux System administration certification study group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Pwn Your Own - (1st Saturday 4PM).
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
- jof to present his plan for our upcoming board election.
End of Meeting
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine at the northeast corner.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.