Meeting Notes 2011 02 15
Note-taker: rachel h
Moderator: shannon lee
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left. (we did this later in the meeting)
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
 What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
We talked about different classes and events. 5 minutes of fame! SCoW! sensebridge!
Paean to do-ocracy.
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions.
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 6:30PM, A. Turing) Working On Django now.
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Tuesday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Ruby_class (Tuesdays, 7.00pm, A. Church) - Covering databases for the next few weeks.
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Linux_System_Administration_Study_Group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge buildout days.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
 Project Updates
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
The catchy hackathon! is happening on february 26 & 27th on the weekend. Stephen & Andrew are hosting it.
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: $17,001.94
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Max is actually here and likes consensus.
- Jared D. is actually here and cares a lot about the consensus process.
- Will S.
- Glenn W.
- Sam P.
- Josh M.
- Miloh is actually here and loves consensus.
- Alex P.
- Gardner B.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
Yay!! Max & Jared & Miloh are new members.
 Consensus items
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
we talked about cleaning. Al has implemented a chore chart solution, and claudia has a quote from a cleaner if we don't end up feeling like the Al solution is the best solution. potential concerns - al's burnout, or the tragedy of the initiative commons due to hiring someone to solve our problems. we are resolved to wait and see.
 Discussion Items
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.