Meeting Notes 2011 03 22
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions:
- Brandon - just moved here, taking Spanish
- Eric - I just hang out
- Milo - cleaned up yesterday, Maker Faire
- Mike - Tech Floater
- Ryan - works on distributed systems
- Rob - first time here, - Android meetups
- Jerrod - keeper of vending machine, Findlaw
- Will - writer of code
- Mike - hot chocolate
- Ack - world deprecation
- Cynthia - cleaning up the kitchen
- Johan - industrial design
- Jeff - Crashspace in LA / security background
- Paul - consultant
- Spencer - bike nerd and sewing
- Lorraine - bike nerd and sewing
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Funds in bank: $17,820.69
Can't make it tonight. Will try to add more financial details. --Hurtstotouchfire 03:07, 23 March 2011 (UTC)
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Monday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions.
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 6:30PM, A. Turing) Working On Django now.
- Ruby_class (Tuesdays, 7.00pm, A. Church) - Covering databases for the next few weeks.
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Linux_System_Administration_Study_Group - (Wednesday, 6PM, A. Turing)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
- No consensus items outstanding.
- Question about discussion items from last meeting -- Only discussion item from last meeting was to postpone banning discussion.
- Mike has a questiona about the touchscreens being broken. Dr Jesus is working on it.
- Question about cleaning / member shelves -- some "expert help" needed to sort through the member shelves for junk. Kelly would know more.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.