Meeting Notes 2011 04 05
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction and Names
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Financial Report
- 1.4 Membership Binder
- 1.5 What's Going On at Noisebridge
- 1.6 Upcoming Events
- 1.7 Mondays
- 1.8 Tuesdays!
- 1.9 Wednesdays
- 1.10 Thursdays
- 1.11 Fridays
- 1.12 Saturdays
- 1.13 Sundays
- 1.14 Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
- 1.15 Project Updates
- 1.16 Consensus items
- 1.17 Discussion Items
- 1.18 End of Meeting
Note-taker: FIXME -- ENTER NAME Moderator: FIXME -- ENTER NAME
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership dues and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Funds in bank: $FIXME -- ENTER AMOUNT
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
A subscribable calendar of events can be found here.
Key: W: Weekly 1st 2nd 3rd 4th: Certain weeks -2nd: Except certain weeks S: Streaming
|August 27st 1PM-2:30PM||Laser Training With Broccoli []||Basic Laser Training on the Kaitan Laser Cutter|
|W||7:00pm||Circuit Hacking Monday||Learn electronics, Arduino, and/or how to solder! We have kits and Arduinos for donations, or bring your own project. Most Mondays at 7PM|
|W S||7:00pm||Noisebridge Weekly Meeting||(In person & online via Jitsi) - Introduce new people and events, joining, announcements, discussions, and consensus. Come express what you think about what's going on with your space!|
|W||7:00pm||San Francisco Writers Workshop||Upstairs hack lounge (or downstairs in front if access needs require). Free drop-in writers workshop, get feedback and critique!|
|W||7:00pm||Neurotech Tuesdays||Do neuro. Do tech. sfg|
|W S||8:00pm - 10:00pm||Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup||at Noisebridge until 10!|
|W S||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Gamebridge||game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.|
|W S||4:00pm - 9:00pm||To-do-ocracy Thursdays||where we work together on our task list.|
|W S||7:00pm - 8:00pm||MetaGuild Meeting||Discussion on the meta-organization of Noisebridge and the Guilds system (hybrid in-person w/ virtual attendance in Discord)|
|W S||6:00pm||NeurotechX SF hacknights||for mind-machine interfacing with EEGs.|
|3rd S||8:00pm - 9:00pm||Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF||Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.|
|4th S||8:00pm - 10:30pm||Resident Electronic Music||Resident Electronic Music Monthly. An electronic music open mic on the 4th Thursday of the month..|
|W||you-o-clock||TRASH NIGHT||Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.|
|W||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Sewing Project Night||Sewing project meetup with free starter fabrics where you can learn how to use our sewing station.|
|W||2:00pm - 5:00pm||Hack on Noisebridge!|
|W||12:00pm - 6:00pm||Free Code Camp||with Farley as host|
|W||2:00pm - 4:00pm||Laser Cutter training||Get certified to use the laser cutter|
|2nd||2:00pm - 3:00pm||Fabrication 101 2nd Shop Sundays||class on safety and basic techniques|
|2nd S||2:00pm - 4:00pm||BAHA: Bay Area Hackers' Association||Security Hacking Meeting 2nd Sundays at 272 and via Jitsi|
Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
- Circuit Launch: 3rd Friday 5:30pm-8:30pm Robot Build Night & Fixit Clinic
- SudoRoom: Hardware Hacking Tuesdays 6:30pm
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame every third Thursday.
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
- KDE camp Party: KDE camp is being held at the Hotel Kabuki SF from April 3-4, and having a party at Noisebridge on the evening of Monday the 3rd of April. Miloh is coordinating between them and Noisebridge as sponsor.
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
- Noisebridge T-shirts -- proposal to order 50 or 100 or 200 T-shirts (before Maker Faire 2011) ? Mitch -- Mitch will be out of town, but if we decide to order T-shirts, please, someone email Mitch and he will order them (maltman **at** hotmail **dot** com).
- (Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- (Add any new discussion items)
End of Meeting
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.