Meeting Notes 2011 04 12
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership dues and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
- Mitch ordered 200 T-shirts from East Bay Screenprint -- they should arrive in a couple weeks at the NB PMB place on Market and Sanchez.
Funds in bank: $16,732.93
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
For locations at Noisebridge, see a map of the 2169 location of Noisebridge.
- Tastebridge cooking class - (Monday, ~5PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Circuit Hacking Mondays (Monday, 7PM, E Lab)
- iPhone OS developer weekly meetup -- (Monday, 6PM, A. Church) Meetups are becoming increasingly well attended, interested Noisebridge folks are encouraged to sign up at http://meetup.com/iphonedevsf , as that is where any important announcements and discussions take place. Contact Nickthedude with any questions.
- Pyclass - Mondays (Monday, 6:30PM, A. Turing) Working On Django now.
- django study group - Tuesdays 12:30 to 3 PM turing classroom (install, modify django)
- linux study group - Tuesdays 3 to 6 PM turing classroom (sys adm skills)
- Ruby_class (Tuesdays, 7.00pm, A. Church) - Covering databases for the next few weeks.
- Probability (Tuesdays, 7.30pm, A. Turing)
- Tastebridge culturing - (Wednesday, ~6PM, NoiseKitchen)
- Linux Discussion Group - Wednesdays, 6 to 8 PM, Turing classroom (talk, play with linux, meet up)
- GameDevelopment - (Wednesday, 7PM, E Lab/Main Hall]]
- SCoW craft group - (Wednesday, 7PM, SCoW area)
- Machine_Learning - (Wednesday, 7:30PM, A. Church)
- django study group - Fridays 12:30 to 3 PM turing classroom (install, modify django)
- linux study group - Fridays 3 to 6 PM turing classroom (sys adm skills)
- Spacebridge - (Sundays, Main Hall)
- Knots, Go, and Locks! - (Sunday afternoon, Main Hall)
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame every third Thursday.
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
- KDE camp Party: KDE camp is being held at the Hotel Kabuki SF from April 3-4, and having a party at Noisebridge on the evening of Monday the 3rd of April. Miloh is coordinating between them and Noisebridge as sponsor.
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Should Mitch order more stickers? If so, please let him know by email.
- We think he should.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.