Meeting Notes 2011 04 26
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
- BAHA - will be hosting Dan Kaminsky for a talk about something or other. Stay tuned for your opportunity to hear this talk.
- BayCon - Noisebridge is the official charity beneficiary for BayCon, a 2000-attendee science fiction convention that happens in Santa Clara every year. We need some things to donate for the charity auction and could use at least one volunteer and maybe two to help us staff our Noisebridge booth there. We have less space at BayCon than we do at our Maker Faire booth. Dr. Jesus is coordinating our participation in BayCon, so please talk to him.
Q. What items should we donate for the charity auction?
A. Hilarious and/or shiny ones.
Q. Like items on the hack shelf?
A. More hilarious and shiny than those, if possible.
A. May 27-30.
Q. Maybe Dan Kaminsky could donate something? Like a signed item?
A. People at BayCon may not know who Dan Kaminsky is.
A. Or they might!
OpenAMD is doing RFID tracking of attendees at CCC. Talk to aestetix or visit openamd.org.
Funds in bank: $1,000 in corporate donations have come in recently! They will get deposited. We don't have a treasurer's report on our specific bank balance. We might have somewhere over $13,000 or more after paying rent. Pay your dues.
If possible, set up a regular recurring donation.
Q. Can we donate Bitcoins to Noisebridge?
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
Vegan pierogi and Snickers bars are being made in the kitchen right now!
Moving hack shelves away so that all shelving in the member shelving corner is member shelving. This requires about $300-$400 for new, additional shelves. Talk to Miloh.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.