Difference between revisions of "Meeting Notes 2011 05 17"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
[https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge]
[https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge]
Revision as of 03:18, 18 May 2011
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction and Names
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Financial Report
- 1.4 Membership Binder
- 1.5 What's Going On at Noisebridge
- 1.6 Upcoming Events edit
- 1.7 Recurring Events edit
- 1.8 Project Updates
- 1.9 Consensus items
- 1.10 Discussion Items
- 1.11 End of Meeting
WHY THE HELL ARE WE DAISY-CHAINING SURGE PROTECTORS WHEN THERE'S POWER ALL ALONG THIS BITCH
There are six daisy-chained power strips here.
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Funds in bank:
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
This is the active list of events from the main page:
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
Thursday, January 10th, 8:00PM -- Sci-fi author Charlie Jane Anders discusses her upcoming novel, The City in the Middle of the Night, in the Noisebridge HackItorium.
Thursday, January 17th, 6:00pm-8:00pm -- Introduction to 2D modelling in Church
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, January 18-20 -- CoALA Hack Meetup details in the Noisebridge Hackitorium.
Saturday, January 26th, 9:30AM-12:30PM -- Designing and Manufacturing with Sheet Acrylic in the Noisebridge HackItorium.
Friday, January 25th, 5:00PM- Sunday, January 27th 7:00PM -- Global Game Jam in the Noisebridge Hackitorium/ all around Noisebridge.
February 2nd and 3rd CLEANING WEEKEND!! On Saturday, January 26th, 12:30PM into the night, and Sunday January 27th (starting early for the dump run). Please come help clean your hackerspace. Let's get ready for our Winter/Spring hacking season!
Saturday, March 9, 12:00 -- Our Big Gala Fundraiser at Noisebridge.
The 9-March-2018 Gala Party & Fundraiser has all sorts of fun activities like #5MoF Five Minutes of Fame, music, art gallery, silent auction of unique goods either made at Noisebridge or by Noisebridgers! Would you like to perform, display or donate your art, give a 5-minute talk at 5MoF, or volunteer? Join the discussion in #gala-wg to make it totally awesome!
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 2nd 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Make:SF Project Build Hello Makers, We continue our maker journey and our December MeetUp will be at the historic NoiseBridge! We'll have our usual selection of projects. Each one is merely $10, and you take it home with you after you build it with our gear. December we have an additional food project. If you have your own project or idea, bring it! First timers and skilled makers come to this meetup and its always fun and informative. RSVP to our Meetup page and I will connect you with the info on how you too can be excellent at NoiseBridge.  Mondays are very busy at NoiseBridge. We predict you will return to NoiseBridge soon for their classes. Diana 271-4286.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 7:00 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- lastE 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- 3rd Friday Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 8:04 pm to 10:04 pm NeurotechSF NeurotechSF+XR is a hacknight to combine Brain Machine Interface technologies with Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality hardware devices, with WebXR (WebVR & WebAR) software and with Artificial Neural Networks. Meet in Hackitorium at or near the Collaboration Station. To confirm the date & time of the next meeting, find out more info, or RSVP you may visit this link https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- 3rd (until October 26, 2019)E 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM -- Saturday Afternoon Figure Drawing! -- Come draw with us! Sketchboard Community is an affordable figure drawing meetup, hosted at various venues that support artists with live music and some art supplies provided! 1 model, long poses, with a few gesture poses in the first hour. Noisebridge aim to provide a space for people to hack, create, learn, and explore in a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment. Entry is a $5-25 sliding scale donation and go towards paying models, musicians, organizers & the venues. If you can't pay $, please help volunteer, promote, or bring friends so we can keep the event affordable & accessible! You can also sign up to volunteer via eventbrite. All mediums are welcomed, but please being a tarp is you plan on using oil or any water soluble medium or graphite. We provide some art supplies, easels, and tables for your use. This is a supportive, body-positive, creative space for people of all ages, identities, and experience levels. Any questions, please ask Brittany or Natalie: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Saturday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job-hunters.)
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks. Please check out iOS Peer Lab Meetup page for upcoming schedule. https://www.meetup.com/iOS-peer-lab/
- alternating weekly 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm -- 101 Intro to Ableton Live in the Hackitorium. Anyone with an interest in making music on their computer is welcome to participate. All welcome, no experience necessary.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the [httpsS://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tooolsf TOOOL SF announcement list] for details.
- alternating weekly 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm - audioChurch Potluck by Gnar Center - is a great 90 minutes in which to share your audio or video project! Instruments, Projects, Pre-recorded Music, Software and Hardware are fine! Bring a snack + project to share, or just hang out. See our meetup, facebook or official Event page for details
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
"That NB pay for the THE HOUNDS OF BEDBUG WAR" (Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.