Difference between revisions of "Meeting Notes 2011 05 17"
|Line 3:||Line 3:|
[https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge]
[https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge]
Revision as of 03:18, 18 May 2011
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction and Names
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Financial Report
- 1.4 Membership Binder
- 1.5 What's Going On at Noisebridge
- 1.6 Upcoming Events edit
- 1.7 Recurring Events edit
- 1.8 Project Updates
- 1.9 Consensus items
- 1.10 Discussion Items
- 1.11 End of Meeting
WHY THE HELL ARE WE DAISY-CHAINING SURGE PROTECTORS WHEN THERE'S POWER ALL ALONG THIS BITCH
There are six daisy-chained power strips here.
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Funds in bank:
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
This is the active list of events from the main page:
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Upcoming Events edit
Saturday, September 8, 12:00 -- GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES
The 8-Sep-2018 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Tim Perkis, Mason Jones, Fletcher Pratt, Kwisp, Coagulator
Saturday, September 22, 1:00-4:00 -- freeCodeCamp Workshop at Noisebridge.
Saturday, October 13, 12:00 -- GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES at Noisebridge.
The 13-Oct-2018 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Zachary Watkins, VSLS (NY), Angela K Roberts & Scott Goff, Kit Young & Brian Pedersen, Monopiece
Saturday, October 20th -- Lit Crawl comes to Noisebridge in the Noisebridge HackItorium.
Saturday, November 10, 12:00 -- GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES at Noisebridge.
The 10-Nov-2018 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Bands: Vulcanus 68, Critical Monkey, Brian Day, Bloody Snowman, Subliminal Cinema
Saturday, December 8, 12:00 -- GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES at Noisebridge.
The 8-Dec-2018 GODWAFFLE NOISE PANCAKES has experimental acts, electronic sounds, & noise, with gourmet vegan pancakes!
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 2nd 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Make:SF Project Build Hello Makers, We continue our maker journey and our December MeetUp will be at the historic NoiseBridge! We'll have our usual selection of projects. Each one is merely $10, and you take it home with you after you build it with our gear. December we have an additional food project. If you have your own project or idea, bring it! First timers and skilled makers come to this meetup and its always fun and informative. RSVP to our Meetup page and I will connect you with the info on how you too can be excellent at NoiseBridge.  Mondays are very busy at NoiseBridge. We predict you will return to NoiseBridge soon for their classes. Diana 271-4286.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Circuit Hacking Mondays REVISED SCHEDULE FOR 2018!
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:30 pm to 11:30 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Tuesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D art, design, writing and audio. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Noise Square Table).
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job-hunters.)
- 3rd Wednesday 6:00 pm - Boardgames in Hackitorium! Everyone is welcome! Bring boardgames you've made or games you enjoy. Come play with us every 3rd Wednesday!
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Supercollider Class in the Turing classroom. Learn how to write code that makes music. Supercollider is a software platform with a language, development environment and a DSP engine that generates sound from your computer. It models many modular synthesizer designs in code which run in real-time on any Mac, PC or Linux computer. This is a 12 week curriculum with offline exercises.
- 2nd 4th Wednesday - 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Crypto Builder's Meetup-- Join up for casual lightning talks and hacking on crypto/blockchain/decentralization in the Hackatorium. NOTE: We will resume the meetings on January 24th. For more information visit: https://www.meetup.com/sfhackdays/
- 1st 3rd Wednesday 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm Haskell Class in Church.
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic! Small 5MoFs every Thursday-ish, bigger ones on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Math class in Turing! Right now we're proving our way through Munkres's Topology.
- 2nd 7:00pm to 9:00 pm "Feedback" Hobby Robotics Meetup Join us for show and tell of our favorite robotics projects followed by some time to hang out and hack together. No experience needed; bringing your work in progress or completed robot is encouraged. Meetups are regularly scheduled at the Noisebridge Hackatorium every second Thursday, check Meetup.com for any changes to the regular schedule.
- 3rd Friday Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 8:04 pm to 10:04 pm NeurotechSF NeurotechSF+XR is a hacknight to combine Brain Machine Interface technologies with Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality hardware devices, with WebXR (WebVR & WebAR) software and with Artificial Neural Networks. Meet in Hackitorium at or near the Collaboration Station. To confirm the date & time of the next meeting, find out more info, or RSVP you may visit this link https://www.meetup.com/NeuroTechSF
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Saturday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job-hunters.)
- E 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm - Privacy hackathon! Developers, designers, activists, journalists, and concerned citizens are all welcome to join us every Saturday at Noisebridge (at the tables in the back) to help contribute to free, open source, privacy-enhancing softwar8:00 pm to 10:00e that the world desperately needs. Brought to you by the Cypherpunks Write Code meetup group <-- you can RSVP here. Edward Snowden risked everything to teach us how badly new privacy-enhancing software needs to exist. Let's make it happen!
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks. There will be no peer lab on Aug 26, Sep 2, Sep 9, 2018.
- alternating weekly 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm -- 101 Intro to Ableton Live in the Hackitorium. Anyone with an interest in making music on their computer is welcome to participate. All welcome, no experience necessary.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the [httpsS://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tooolsf TOOOL SF announcement list] for details.
- E 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm Hack Days - We're getting together every Sunday and working on stuff together! (Bots/Robotics/Cybernetics/AI/ML/Crypto/Infrastructure/Dapps/etc). We're all about learning, sharing, and building together. church Bring what you're working on, or at least a healthy appetite to learn and share. All-in-all this will be a space to philosophize and dream as much as practice, hack, and publish. :)
- alternating weekly 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm - audioChurch Potluck by Gnar Center - is a great 90 minutes in which to share your audio or video project! Instruments, Projects, Pre-recorded Music, Software and Hardware are fine! Bring a snack + project to share, or just hang out. See our meetup, facebook or official Event page for details
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
"That NB pay for the THE HOUNDS OF BEDBUG WAR" (Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.