Meeting Notes 2011 06 07
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Introduction and Names
- 1.2 Announcements
- 1.3 Financial Report
- 1.4 Membership Binder
- 1.5 What's Going On at Noisebridge
- 1.6 Upcoming Events
- 1.7 Mondays
- 1.8 Super Tuesdays!
- 1.9 Wednesdays
- 1.10 Thursdays
- 1.11 Fridays
- 1.12 Saturdays
- 1.13 Sundays
- 1.14 Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
- 1.15 Project Updates
- 1.16 Consensus items
- 1.17 Discussion Items
- 1.18 End of Meeting
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Funds in bank: $16,031.17 Members paying starving dues: 21 Members paying normal dues: 34
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month.
- Anyone up for join this week should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
What's Going On at Noisebridge
One short sentence about each of the following:
This is the active list of events from the main page:
A subscribable calendar of events can be found here.
Key: W: Weekly 1st 2nd 3rd 4th: Certain weeks -2nd: Except certain weeks S: Streaming
|August 11th 5-7PM||Open Source Robotics Meetup||Meetup for development of robots & OpenCV|
|August 13-14 1pm-5:00pm||VALENCE OXYTOCIN Workshop||Series of Workshops on laser cutting, LED programming, projection mapping and so on.|
|August 21st 11AM - 4PM||Sunday Streets||In SoMa neighborhood. Noisebridge will have a booth! See page for more info|
|W||Inactive||Circuit Hacking Monday||learn electronics, and how to solder! Should happen again at 5pm with new volunteer teachers wanted!|
|W S||7:00pm||Noisebridge Weekly Meeting||(In person & online via Jitsi) - Introduce new people and events, joining, announcements, discussions, and consensus. Come express what you think about what's going on with your space!|
|W||7:00pm||San Francisco Writers Workshop||Upstairs hack lounge (or downstairs in front if access needs require). Free drop-in writers workshop, get feedback and critique!|
|W S||8:00pm - 10:00pm||Machine Learning AI and RL Meetup||at Noisebridge until 10!|
|W S||6:00pm - 8:00pm||Gamebridge||game development mentoring & coworking meetup for gamedev beginners and indies alike.|
|W S||4:00pm - 9:00pm||To-do-ocracy Thursdays||where we work together on our task list.|
|W S||7:00pm - 8:00pm||MetaGuild Meeting||Discussion on the meta-organization of Noisebridge and the Guilds system (hybrid in-person w/ virtual attendance in Discord)|
|W S||6:00pm||NeurotechX SF hacknights||for mind-machine interfacing with EEGs.|
|3rd S||8:00pm - 9:00pm||Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF||Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.|
|W||7:00pm - 8:30pm||BookBridge!||Informal book club, no assigned reading. Talk about books. Meetup.|
|4th S||8:00pm - 10:30pm||Resident Electronic Music||Resident Electronic Music Monthly. An electronic music open mic on the 4th Thursday of the month..|
|W||you-o-clock||TRASH NIGHT||Please take out all three large trash bins!! They are behind the front stairs.|
|W||12:00pm - 6:00pm||FreeCodeCamp||with Paul_H as host|
|W||7:00pm - 9:00pm||Chess Meetup!|
|W||6:00pm - 7:00pm||Sewing Project Night||Sewing project meetup with free starter fabrics where you can learn how to use our sewing station.|
|W||12:30pm - 2:30pm||Let'sMakeStuff: Engineers+Designers+Artist+Make||(Meetup Page)|
|W||2:00pm - 5:00pm||Hack on Noisebridge!|
|2nd||2:00pm - 3:00pm||Fabrication 101 2nd Shop Sundays||class on safety and basic techniques|
|3rd||1:00pm - 5:00pm||TOOOL-SF||locksport meetup of The SF Chapter of the Open Organisation Of Lockpickers.|
|2nd S||2:00pm - 4:00pm||BAHA: Bay Area Hackers' Association||Security Hacking Meeting 2nd Sundays at 272 and via Jitsi|
Other Bay Area Consortium of Hackerspaces Events
- Circuit Launch: 3rd Friday 5:30pm-8:30pm Robot Build Night & Fixit Clinic
- SudoRoom: Hardware Hacking Tuesdays 6:30pm
- Second Saturdays are Noisebridge hackathon:
a casual monthly event dedicated to working on the space or relevant projects and building community. This is a great time to get feedback or help on any projects you have been considering that center around the space, culture, and infrastructure of Noisebridge. You can also help with existing projects and find out ways to get involved.
- Five Minutes of Fame
- Bay Area Hackers Association - (Second Sunday, 2PM)
(Anyone doing interesting projects is welcome to chip in here.)
- Marc talked about a small milling machine (MTM A-Z) he saw at MIT Medialab's FabLab. It's a machine that you build yourself like a makerbot, and the materials cost about 500.
- Can we update the blog easier? I'd like to be able to easily blog things for Noisebridge, but I don't have my own wordpress blog and I'm not interested in having one for any reason other than NB. --Hurtstotouchfire 03:43, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- Mike is reiterating his concern that we need a backlit sign to remind people to take out the garbage.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder by the Shrine.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.