Meeting Notes 2011 07 26
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Katie -- from London Todd -- new here Rich -- fix computer Liz -- cutting out stencils of anarchist women Leif -- steganography
Chaos communications camp, we're all going! Katie says people from Hackspace are coming too! Noisebridge now has a facilities closet again! Spacebridge is doing its launch on Saturday! Meredith is selling out to Radioshack, she is looking for pro Bike! Ada says there is a bunch of bikes here Making cookies late tonight
Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short!
New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space?
Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
Funds in bank:
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
duncan has his personal desk set up on a sewing work table. WTF? we use that table for sewing things. when i tried to talk to him about it he suggested i bring it up at the meeting. i think that using public workspace for individual workstations is unexcellent. -rlh
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.