Meeting Notes 2011 08 02
- 1 HOWTO run a meeting.
- 2 Agenda
- 2.1 Introduction and Names
- 2.2 Short Announcements
- 2.3 New or Stale Events
- 2.4 Upcoming Events edit
- 2.5 Recurring Events edit
- 2.6 Financial Report
- 2.7 Membership Binder
- 2.8 Consensus items
- 2.9 Discussion Items
- 2.10 End of Meeting
HOWTO run a meeting.
Pick a moderator, and a note-taker. The note-taker should:
- write notes in this page, put them back up online when they're done,
- edit the frontpage so that it points to this weeks and next week's meeting notes in the meeting bit,
- edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is decided to be up for consensus next week (stuff raised for consensus this week should be publicised for a final decision next week)
- edit the Consensus Items History if anything was consensed or failed to consense this week.
- tell email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org if there are new members.
- make sure everyone gets a chance to speak
- speak minimally themselves
- keep the meeting moving! you're in charge of summarising the consensus, and/or suggesting things that need to be done!
- get the membership binders and ensure they are returned to the black desk
Note-taker: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE
Moderator: FIXME THEIR NAME HERE
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short!
New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space? Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
Here are the current events (you don't need to read all of these out):
Not all events make it onto this calendar. And some of the listings here may be out of date.
Many events only make it to the Discussion or Announcements mailing lists, IRC, our Noisebridge Meetup page <https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge>, or in person at Tuesday meetings. Best of all, Noisebridge is about people getting together at the space in San Francisco to do stuff. DO pay attention, as some eventSs just arise organically from the bottom up!
Want to host your event at Noisebridge? We like seeing classes and talks on interesting things pertaining to various subjects of hacking. Most of all, we like seeing familiar faces. Please participate in the space and our weekly Tuesday meetings to see if we're the right audience for what you want to share before announcing a new event. Additionally, please see our events hosting page for suggestions on how to use Noisebridge for your event/class/workshop.
Resources For Hosting Events
Upcoming Events edit
Saturday, October 12th, 12:00 – 14:00, -- G|O|D|W|A|F|F|L|E||N|O|I|S|E||P|A|N|C|A|K|E|S
Which will be more comedic?? Probably Coconut pancakes again har-de-ha.
full line grunt:
Beast Nest Gendreau/Mazawa’s Glandboom Love Laser in a Strontium Thong Eric Glick Rieman Mother Woolly Mary’s Guillotine
NOON UNTIL 2PM SHARP!!!
vegan pancakes served.
Recurring Events edit
E - Every week.
1st - Certain weeks, e.g. 1st week only.
-2nd - Except certain weeks, or other schedule exceptions.
- E Take Out the Trash Night - Be sure to put bins out by midnight as the trash truck comes between 1:30 to 2:30am.
- 2nd 6:00pm to 8:00 pm Make:SF Project Build Hello Makers, We continue our maker journey and our December MeetUp will be at the historic NoiseBridge! We'll have our usual selection of projects. Each one is merely $10, and you take it home with you after you build it with our gear. December we have an additional food project. If you have your own project or idea, bring it! First timers and skilled makers come to this meetup and its always fun and informative. RSVP to our Meetup page and I will connect you with the info on how you too can be excellent at NoiseBridge.  Mondays are very busy at NoiseBridge. We predict you will return to NoiseBridge soon for their classes. Diana 271-4286.
- 3rd Mondays is the original Circuit Hacking Mondays. Learn to solder! And make cool things with electronics. People can bring kits-for-purchase to make cool, hackable things for all skill levels that you can bring home after you make them! Many designed for absolute beginners! Bring your own projects to hack! Bring things to fix! All ages. All are welcome! See the Discuss list and the Announce list for weekly updates.
- E 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm Intermediate Python with PyClass - Crash course in the Python standard library. Monday session is held in Church Classroom.
- E 8:00 pm Noisebridge Weekly Meeting - Introducing new people and events to the space, general discussion, and decision-making on key issues. This is your space, folks. Come on out here in person to express what you think about what's going on with it!
- E 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Wednesday Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job
- E 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Dream Team Neuro Hackery - EEG research & development project with general interest in sleep, dreaming, creative intelligence, and many loosely related topics such as: neurophysiology, signal processing, cognitive neuroscience, and (especially) hacking code and devices for data acquisition and analysis. Join us at the CollaborationStation (near the Hackatorium). Expect general discussion around 8 PM - usually moving along by 9 PM to focus on more technical aspects of current project.
- E 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Digital Art Wednesdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share 2D/3D art. We will explore a variety of tools and techniques for digital visual art creation. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (@ the Noise Square Table).
- E Trash Night -- Round Two - Take out the trash for Friday morning! Do it by midnight as truck comes ~1:30am to 2:30am.
- 3rdE 8:00 pm to 9:00pm Five Minutes of Fame a.k.a. 5MoF - Ten 5min talks in an hour, on any topic on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
- lastE 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM -- Queer Game Dev Meetup (QGDM) in the Noisebridge HackItorium -- Come check out the next Queer Game Dev Meetup, in the Mission District in San Francisco. Here you will find other queer game devs, game-making enthusiasts, and be a part of an inclusive community that welcomes everyone who is interested in creating games. With language support in English, Español, and Português!
- E 8:00 pm to 11:00 pm Gamebridge Unityversity Game Dev Thursdays - Beginner-friendly game development class and meetup, learn and share C# Unity coding, 2D/3D design, and writing. Learn how to mentor and help teach game dev. (Church classroom).
- 3rd Friday Noisebridge Gaming Archivists Meetup 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm -- Come play, fix, mod retro consoles. Create and play is our motto! If you like video games, this is the place for you.
- E 7:00 pm to 8:00 am Hacknights happens every friday rain or shine, its the magical night when Noisebridge is open to the public ALL NIGHT LONG!! Meet in Hackitorium RSVP by following this link https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/254878863/
- E 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Technology & Computerology & Systemology --- Technology: The study of creating, use, evolution and history of things. Computerology: The study of computers, or any kind of work with computers; computing. Systemology: The study and evolution of systems.
- E 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm FUN Tutoring in Church or CollaborationStation
- 3rd (paused for now but starting back up after Noisebridge moves, then running until October 26, 2019)E 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM -- Saturday Afternoon Figure Drawing! -- Come draw with us! Sketchboard Community is an affordable figure drawing meetup, hosted at various venues that support artists with live music and some art supplies provided! 1 model, long poses, with a few gesture poses in the first hour. Noisebridge aim to provide a space for people to hack, create, learn, and explore in a safe, welcoming, and accessible environment. Entry is a $5-25 sliding scale donation and go towards paying models, musicians, organizers & the venues. If you can't pay $, please help volunteer, promote, or bring friends so we can keep the event affordable & accessible! You can also sign up to volunteer via eventbrite. All mediums are welcomed, but please being a tarp is you plan on using oil or any water soluble medium or graphite. We provide some art supplies, easels, and tables for your use. This is a supportive, body-positive, creative space for people of all ages, identities, and experience levels. Any questions, please ask Brittany or Natalie: email@example.com
- E 11:00 am to 1:00 pm Sunday Morning iOS Peer Lab Meetup - iOS Meetup for people want to hack together. Feel free to do whatever you want: work on your project, ask and teach each other, have a chat with folks. Please check out iOS Peer Lab Meetup page for upcoming schedule. https://www.meetup.com/iOS-peer-lab/
- E 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm (times are still experimental until we find out what users like) - Whiteboarding & Algorithms Workshop - Weekend Edition - Let's practice whiteboarding, algorithms, and other interviewing techniques together!! =D This is a more structured version than the Wednesday version. Hosted by Bernice & Ishan. This event will be in the Hackitorium!! ^_^ (This is also a support group for job-hunters.)
- alternating weekly 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm -- 101 Intro to Ableton Live in the Hackitorium. Anyone with an interest in making music on their computer is welcome to participate. All welcome, no experience necessary.
- alternating monthly 1:00 pm Monthly Lock Sport Collaboration: Come learn how to pick locks and learn more about them with the SF Bay Area chapter of TOOOL. The group meets on alternating months at Noisebridge and in San Jose. Check the [httpsS://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tooolsf TOOOL SF announcement list] for details.
- alternating weekly 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm - audioChurch Potluck by Gnar Center - is a great 90 minutes in which to share your audio or video project! Instruments, Projects, Pre-recorded Music, Software and Hardware are fine! Bring a snack + project to share, or just hang out. See our meetup, facebook or official Event page for details
Funds in bank: Dropping some figures in here in advance. We may not actually discuss these at the meeting if there are more pressing issues, but here's some info in case you're interested. --Hurtstotouchfire 09:50, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
27: Number of members in confirmed good standing 37: Number of members including those probably in good standing but they pay in large chunks or pay in cash to a board member or I forgot to deposit their checks (sorry Will) 47: Number of members including those mentioned above as well as members who are past due beyond our bookkeeping lag 57: Number of members on "hiatus" (exclusive of active members and former members who have officially abdicated)
Jan - May 2011 (June & July still have outstanding items to reconcile)
By Number of Members:
- Starving Dues: 25%
- Regular Dues: 73%
- Doing Well Dues: 2%
By Portion of Dues Income:
- Starving Dues: 16%
- Regular Dues: 80%
- Doing Well Dues: 4%
Profit & Loss Jan-May 2011 - Google doc showing a whole bunch of different income items and expenditures, over the last few months.
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
Up for consensus this week:
"For a trial period of six months, Noisebridge should sponsor an official project to provide Tor nodes, and accept donations earmarked for that purpose. "
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.