Meeting Notes 2011 08 16
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Gavin Tony Gaian Danny Liz -- web developer Ed -- I'm here to help! John -- temporarily conscious Robert - does stuff Mike -- technowander, not stock clerk, don't do large infrastructure Nevada -- just moved here Stephanie -- just moved here, proofreader Ramone - student Duncan -- six weeks, working on wallets
 Short Announcements
Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short!
Library was rearranged, could be more efficient Cleaning in main area Church classroom cleaning and front area Miloh + Chris space bridge work, privacy work cubicles Robert (not Robert Chu, Robert Two) - brought in a server rack, which we're thinking of installing Tor Noisebridge project is going ahead
 New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space?
Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
Ruby might be moving, Danny is asking how we can make their lives more awesome here
German class isn't happening right now, because they are all in German spraching deutsch.
Nevada asks when lock picking happening, we all agreed he was now in charge of it.
Robert suggests a weekly Laser Lounge event.
Drupal amateurs group also!
 Financial Report
Funds in bank:
Money is good. Repeat good.
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
 Consensus items
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
 Discussion Items
Charles from KAWL is looking to talk to Noisebridgers!
Tastebridge -- middle of being put together some more. We removed knife racks on the wall, because we're going to put in new dish racks. building a dedicated cutting board table. I also built a media center keyboard for the media center computer that was donated by John McCabe
Ed recently assigned 60 hours community service for defending his dad's honor (long and interesting story), and he'd like to do it with Noisebridge. He's a great cleaner, and pretty good cook (ex-marine, culinary school). He likes driving most.
Danny talks about the SIngapore manned space mission.
Robert says the Singapore people would like to interview people at Noisebridge.
Nevada said over labor day weekend in Seattle, people are organizing the Radical Mycology conference. Two days of workshops, and then a day of bioremediation project.
We suggested putting the flyers for it ON THE MUSHROOMS (or laser engrave it).
Hactus.com -- Alex's friend made it, a really good tech site of current events related to hacker culture.
Hackmeet is coming up in October. Hackmeet, October 15-16: radical activism and tech. Talk to hackmeet.org
We had a big clapping thing from Ramone!
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.