Meeting Notes 2011 08 23
(notes from a meeting that happened: removing "HowTo run a meeting")
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
== Agenda ==
== Agenda ==
Latest revision as of 11:47, 30 August 2011
 Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
He's Miloh! He got just got back from Germany and is very excited about the Chaos Computer Club and the Chaos Computer Club, and all their radical, incubatory glory. He is smuggling it into this country disguised as a giant suitcase.
He's Sam -- has been coming better part of a year, on the low tech TIP, and wants to learn.
He's Christopher -- been around for a year, hacking on Spacebridge.
He is the strong, silent type.
He's Onno, he is from Germany. He was in the giant suitcase.
He's Evan -- he is thinking about re-starting the Ruby class. He is SUDDENLY IN CHARGE OF THIS.
He's Duncan -- been here a couple of months, working on wallets and python.
He's Will -- he writes code IT NEVER WORKS
He's Leif -- his steganography project is entirely inNocOus.
Hi he's Tom -- he's new here, and just moved to SF. User:Flamsmark
Mike is a technowanderer. He doesn't work on large infrastructure projects. Not a stock clerk. Miloh is the stock clerk.
Sean -- he's into all things tech-related, and yet he is sad because we are late. We will be better next time.
Ed -- Ed is our new SLAAAVE of the STAAATE. He is not a programmer... yet.
William -- just moved to the area, knows about scholarly communication. Danny wants to talk to him.
David -- is a game designer. Working on three video game projects. Code hero, Path of... ermm...
Kris -- makes a habit of coming down when he's in SF, not Toronto. He came by to hammer dents of the water bottle, and now he OWES US.
Jojo -- I am new here. We are here to check out the space, want to start a hacker mom group in Oakland, female space (but with dads). With childcare! OMG THIS SOUNDS SO AWESOME, EVERYONE TALK TO JOJO ABOUT THIS.
Sachi -- part of mom hackers
Kiki -- been here for a single Ruby class, long-time hacking, very comfortable here. Childcare isn't an evening thing.
Danny -- guiltily explains why Ada isn't here, hacking with him.
Kelly -- does a lot of work in the darkroom.
Jason -- (jason (likes (functional (programming)))
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
 Short Announcements
Miloh plugs Brewster's Friday lunches at the Internet Archive. Also the home of SF Lan, civic wireless LAN.
 New or Stale Events
Ruby hacking has gone to Another Place, but we will be starting a new one it sounds like.
 Financial Report
Funds in bank: TK. We are fine. REPEAT FINE.
 Membership Binder
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
 Consensus items
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
 Discussion Items
Kelly explains that the method for moving hiatus members to non-members is tricky, because it has some awkward edge cases. Wanted to put it out there so that people don't get caught unawares.
Leif felt strongly one way, and then changed his mind.
Miloh points out that all groups will have more old members than current members.
Miloh suggests coming up with a definition for next week.
Miloh is working on a reprap event, has parts for two more repraps and is having fun, Wednesday nights at 5pm
Spacebridge is having another launch this Saturday. Apparently, welding supply stores are the cheapest place for helium this side of the Sun.
 End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.