Meeting Notes 2011 10 11
HOWTO run a meeting.
Pick a moderator, and a note-taker. The note-taker should:
- write notes in this page, put them back up online when they're done,
- edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is decided to be up for consensus next week (stuff raised for consensus this week should be publicised for a final decision next week)
- edit the Consensus Items History if anything was consensed or failed to consense this week.
- tell firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members.
- make sure everyone gets a chance to speak
- speak minimally themselves
- keep the meeting moving! you're in charge of summarising the consensus, and/or suggesting things that need to be done!
- get the membership binders and ensure they are returned to the black desk
Note-taker: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE
Moderator: FIXME THEIR NAME HERE
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions: What's your name, what do you do, and if you are new, how did you hear about Noisebridge? Start with the moderator and go left.
- A brief primer on consensus process: We agree and so should you! Only paid-up members can block consensus.
Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short!
New or Stale Events
Is there anything new happening at the space? Is there anything that has stopped happening at the space?
- October 12th 19:30 - dorkbot - People doing strange things with electricity
Dorkbot needs Noisebridge volunteers, anyone want to help? Talk to VonGuard or Rubin.
- October 15th - 16th - Hackmeet - A two-day unconference and skillshare
- October 16th 14:00 to 17:00 - TOOOL SF - The San Francisco chapter of The Open Organisation Of Lockpickers
- October 20th 20:00 to 22:00 - 5 Minutes of Fame!
Funds in bank:
- Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Write a check on every open application.
- Anyone up for joining this week (ie have four checks by their name + have two sponsors) should introduce themselves then leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime) for the rest of the group. The rest of the meeting should consense on whether they may join.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- To ban Rob 2.0 from entering Noisebridge or participating in the community.
Mushroom growers please award good noisebridgers with special 'mushroom logs of honor'
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.