Meeting Notes 2011 12 13
(→Introduction and Names)
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
* [[Consensus Process|A brief primer on consensus process]]: Consensus is a process for proposals where any concerns about the proposals are examined by the group and adjusted until the group agrees on the proposal. It is the note-taker's opinion that the contrast to consensus is
* [[Consensus Process|A brief primer on consensus process]]: Consensus is a process for proposals where any concerns about the proposals are examined by the group and adjusted until the group agrees on the proposal. It is the note-taker's opinion that the contrast to consensus is where work to want to the a of for the . Consensus be /soapbox
=== Short Announcements ===
=== Short Announcements ===
Revision as of 16:20, 14 December 2011
HOWTO run a meeting.
Pick a moderator, and a note-taker. The note-taker should:
- write notes in this page, put them back up online when they're done,
- edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is decided to be up for consensus next week (stuff raised for consensus this week should be publicised for a final decision next week)
- edit the Consensus Items History if anything was consensed or failed to consense this week.
- tell firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members.
- make sure everyone gets a chance to speak
- speak minimally themselves
- keep the meeting moving! you're in charge of summarising the consensus, and/or suggesting things that need to be done!
- get the membership binders and ensure they are returned to the black desk
Introduction and Names
- What Noisebridge is about: "Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."
- Round of introductions:
Danny: moderating, hacks and leads social engineering group
Marko: from Toronto, wants to
Anonymous: expect me
Josh: hack on software ethernet, arduino on door
Nick: makes web games, plays on servers
Erica: Pretends to be working
Jesse: member of biocurious
Justin: random stuff hive76 philly
Rayce: moves everything quickly
Andrew: Hacks on things and sometimes gets burned by things
- A brief primer on consensus process: Consensus is a process for proposals where any concerns about the proposals are examined by the group and adjusted until the group agrees on the proposal. It is the note-taker's opinion that the contrast to consensus is a system where individuals do not invest the work required for consensus. Rather than invest said (sometimes boring) work someone is appointed to do the work instead. The end result being the people who did not want to invest in the (sometimes boring) work do not have their interests represented and sacrifice a disproportionately large section of whatever was up for consensus. If you think it's a drudge consider the alternatives. Representative Consensus PoC ended, will not be implemented, inherently flawed. /soapbox
Rayce has converted the refrigerator into a giant whiteboard. Go and bask in the food prep area at the fruits of labors.
New or Stale Events
Replicator Wednesdays is at Hacker Dojo this week.
Funds in bank: $216?.?? Paypal has eased up a bit and says something is now ok. We can withdraw more than 500 without a ss # now have EIN. yay
Michael Monarchy: I thought that i was b=going tone left behind w computers… woodwork n sewing. Can donate and knowledge transfers week 1 no sponsors yet
Josh J: Concerned about software n hardware quality/freedom n civil rights and justice, great sponsor Leif NB is purest form of these ideals
Michael M: hacking is way of life and love contributing week4 2 sponsors ready
Brian K; NB is tight 1. sponsor week 3
Erica L: here all times and likes contributing 2 sponsors week 3
Ada: NB is awesome. Doer 2 sponsor Joghen and k week 4
Max W: NB is the shiet 2 sponsor week 4
Jeff S: stuck in 2011 world without time machine: wants to build way back. 1 sponsor week 4
Katlyn M: Graphics technology and games n media week 1
Stephen B : NB is best hackerpsace in bay area starting a company collaboration 2 sponsor week 4
Josh: joined EFF and shirt is in the mail; mac relics, writes software, works on projects that… most of the things i work on will be used by nobody or lead great change. Mac relics is posix layer on system calls so take untrusted 16k code and only have access to… lost track, 64 k emulator, taking new perspective on emulator that does not boot mac os into window in current environment rather emulate ac toolbox calls so app will be at same level as mac native apps (like Wine but… ) furthet off io future curious about running untrusted 4th party code. Ex… 4th party is ad layer. What if age auth does not trust adverts on page? How to implement… since already using 16k … pay cost of emulation once the virtualsation.. design principle of unix is hierarchy. No silver bullet on social contracts. The people who implement the system are key to the system. Would block consensus IF item under consideration was detrimental to community. (does that warrant blocking consensus) Appreciates value of reality check but blocking… a block means something requires further discussion or
Josh is now a member. Beer provided was Corona and limes were also provided.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
President is up for election: Discussion about previous selection processes. Next president should be MC Hawking: Michael Charlie Hawking is nominated Election postponed to after 12.01.01?
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Put back the membership binder in the black desk.
- Save the meeting notes to the wiki.
- Send a copy of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Copy the Meeting Notes Template for next week's agenda and update the main wiki page's link to it.
- Enjoy a cocktail with your fellow hacker or robot.