Meeting Notes 2012 10 16
Introduction and Names
- Monad says "We're a radically inclusive tinkerspace"
- Gnusosa says "We're not a democracy or a dictatorship!"
- Introduce any new or unusual moderation techniques that you may be using during the meeting like: direct responses, limited speaking time, orderless stack, &c.
- Round of introductions (remember, announcements come later):
- Carlos has an upward 180 degree rotated noisebridge wiki with Comic Sans.
- John does fab stuff! Bio stuff! Electronics stuff!
- Tom is well on his way to seizing absolute power.
- Alex is from Germany, he is working on "From Gutenberg to Zuckerberg"
- Monad and I'm a tinkerer.
- Danni coming for about three months. Right now, learning about cryptography, and prime number generation.
- Kim -- third day here, interesting in circuit-bending.
- Jason -- researcher been looking at maker culture.
- Danny -- I've just finished a summit on online press freedom and phil zimmermann crashed it and it was awesome.
- Hao -- builds robots.
- Jason says the Brightworks folks are organizing a mini-maker faire. Also looking for possible sites. Thinking of it as a distributed nodes.
- Hackmeet this Saturday! It's an unconference disrupting the disruptors. It's about activists and hackers talking about stuff.
- Noisebridge is mentioned in two thesis this term: one from a sociologist in Mexico, and another one is from Brazil.
- Another cryptoparty! This one will probably be in the Mozilla offices. Go to []
No new members.
- Funds in bank: $20669.52
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary): tiny bit of money.
You may wish to invite a knowledgeable volunteer to repeat a brief primer on the consensus process.
It was agreed that three consensus items from last week be dropped, given that there is no consensus whatsoever.
Proposals from last week
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
Proposals for next week
Danny resigns being secretary contingent on a new secretary. He also proposes that Tom be a new secretary.
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Windows on the classrooms
Brought in windows, want to put it into the classroom. Will have a whip rand.
- Workstation space where Zebra was is going to be upgraded.
- Vending machine? Should we lose it?
We talked about Kim and Brandon and stuff.
We talked a bit about Danny not being secretary, and what being a secretary involves.
We talked about Anthony. Anthony is generally perceived as a Sketchy person, has had his access number revoked. He's 24 years old, 5'2", in a grey and black hoodie, has short fade headcut, has headphones and doesn't talk to anyone much. If you see him, please ask him to come to the meeting.
End of Meeting
- PGP Key Signing could happen now, check the list to see who wants in on the action.
- Return the membership binder to it's rightful location.
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes, then save them to the wiki.
- Send a summary of the meeting notes to the discussion list.
- Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker or robot.
- Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.