Meeting Notes 2012 11 13
Revision as of 22:34, 13 November 2012 by Flamsmark
Short announcements and events
- Songbridge happens with Josh and Alex on Sunday at 1pm.
- Five Minutes of Fame returns this Thursday at 8pm.
- Thanks to John and Robert the laser is in tip-top working order! Please contact them for help or to coordinate changes.
- Robert, David Lopez, and John are working on a Makerbot support group.
- Thomas LJ Harper: week 2, no sponsors.
- Colin Anderson: week 2, sponsors are Ben, Jake, and Danny
- Andrew Byrne: week 3, sponsors are Alex and Danny
- Funds in bank: 18624.35
- Noisetor balance: 327.67
- There were no proposals from last week.
- We had a short discussion of how to promote meetings, classes &c.
- We had a short discussion of how to improve the wireless coverage and upstream bandwidth.
- Monkeybrains is willing to offer us a *really* fast upsteam, as long as we provide the hardware at each end.
- Danny is about to go to Tunisia to work with people on censorship circumvention software (hopefully!).
- Robert does stuff.
- Mike is not an ombudsman, stock clerk, or quartermater. He introduces us to a Paxton Gate in Noisebridge exhibit called "Meet your Maker".
- Alex went to NYC for the Thiel 20 under 20 summit, though it's really about the two billion under 20.
- Carlos likes Perl.
- Carl went war-driving today.
- Leif is interested in distributed write once many semantics
- Josh is engaged in Songbridge with Alex.
- Mischeif is commuted to excellence.
- Uriah is new to Noisebridge, and interested in sculptures. NB is recommended by professors!
- Tom just got back from the Mozilla Festival in London, where we're trying to educate the next generation of webmakers!
- Andy authorship tools for location-based browsing.
- Snail is about it.
- Sean has nothing to say.