Meeting Notes 2013 01 22
(→Short announcements and events)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
= [[ Membership Binder ]] =
= [[ Membership Binder ]] =
of , and .
= Financial Report =
= Financial Report =
Revision as of 22:30, 24 January 2013
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
These are the notes from the The 250th Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE; Moderator: FIXME THEIR NAME HERE.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
Short announcements and events
- Justin: donating a large 3d printer! Needs some plastic bits. Would like to do a class to help make these and educate the public.
- Rayc: Someone decided to graffiti a lot on the walls. Apparently, we have a 5-gallon bucket of paint, and are considering painting the entire hallway with it.
- There was a notice posted on our door about graffiti that we're liable for – but it's actually for the awning of Mi Ranchito.
- Leif: Interested in building a Kickstarter-style service (SudoRoom is doing a similar thing in RoR, called Selfstarter)
- Leif wants to do a slight variation; thinks it'd be an interesting NB project.
- Replicator Wednesday is back! 7 or 7:30 @ NB (ELIJAH WOOD is teaching it!!!!) (ah wait, Elijah Post, who hates being called Wood)
- Garrett wants to grow food in publicly-accessible spaces. However, the city / property will come by and dig it up and kill it. But let's make an application that allows someone to propose a growth spot & plan.
- Object modeling / transaction / DB stuff.
- Resources & events on a website for this
- Needs node.js, free hosting, transactional/DB stuff.
- Contact: leave message on talk page (user: Garrett Smith) on wiki – or email@example.com
- Techno-activism Mondays: anti-censorship & anti-surveillance & open gov't & free data meetings, first Monday of each month.
- Sam wants to do a class on Max/MSP (Thursdays? Tuesdays? Whatever doesn't conflict.)
- Peake: there has been such a thing in the past; maybe such a person would join a new incarnation
- MCT and Tom are taking Stanford encryption class on Coursera (All future Wednesdays; 6:30 @ Sycamore; here @ 7)
- Prereqs: need to know probability (just start crypto class)
- Do you have a web browser? You're set!
- Tom: Crypto Party 2: Encycler?? Boogaloo. Moar announcements to come.
- 23rd of March (Saturday)
- Langton Labs, 2-6pm
- Rayc: LED art show? Who wants to do art for it?
- Will put a page on the wiki
- or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- this will probably be a concert as well
- James Cooper (JC) (interested in furthering commitment in NB Community) (drives a big ambulance that says Take Stuff Apart) (for future consideration)
- Reverend Mik (I shall continue to work on my projects and learn new things)
- On Week 3
Up for consideration this week:
- Justin (LinkReincarnate)
- Sponsors: Jake, John W., Mike
- Merlin! Yay
- Sponsors: I believe they were Miloh and Rayc
I have a crapton of notes from the discussion, but they may not be desirable here. (This was both my first meeting and my first time as note-taker.) PM me on IRC if I should put them up (the_merlin); don't feel like putting my email out here.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor balance:
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Danny (“splasho.com/upgoer5 is awesome”)
- Tom (continuing widdershins) (the web is awesome, and so can you)
- Mike (evil VC)
- Merlin (up for membership; ponies are okayyy)
- Yan (likes animals too) (physics)
- Snail! (Miloh brought in awesome chains) (president of the anarchist society)
- Miloh (we made these 3d-printed chains; they are awesome; let's make metal)
- Ken (first NB meeting; objective-C!) (made a gaem) (it isn't finished)
- Mike Kan (techno-wanderer) (not a NB quartermaster)
- John (neuro stuff; hardware; software; other crap)
- Felix (web dev; up for membership)
- ??? (learning Python)
- Emmanuel (this seems like an exciting space) (*very polite*) (watch this one)
- Josh (???)
- Angela (electronics class is cool!)
- Kim (artist) (dangerous)
- Benji (dad) (first meeting! Drives Uber)
- Tyler (artist) (dangerous)
- Dan (art + science + computers) (counseling troubled souls – except robots)
- Rob (Linux P2P video streaming protocol)
- Melissa (3rd time here; builds computers; likes gaems)
- Sam (not technically his first time here) (music + computers + bad sounds???)
- Mulan (tinkerer) (yay animals: for eating, for playing with)
- Rayc (laser cutting) (electronics) (fixing computers for free or cheap)
- Alex Peake (Code Hero) (teaches game programming on mondays)
- Justin (3d printing) (TDCS) (software progg) (general hacking)
- Garrett (deeeeeeeep knowledge of JS and web browsers) (plays/teaches guitar/music) (parkour) (high-five with Peake over leg wounds)
- Milo (play gaems on the internet) (gotta destroy black cubes!!!)
- Carl (writes iOS apps) (wants to get into android)
- Filip (research / learning!)
- Leif (another techno-wanderer) (is this a thing?) (also not a quartermaster) (except sometimes)
- Reverend Mik (world-builder)
- Mischief (rewriting resume in Tron???)
- Bilal (papaya salad) (globalize hackerspaces)