Meeting Notes 2013 02 05
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
These are the notes from the The 252nd Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Ken M. Haggerty; Moderator: Danny O'Brien.
- Today was a boring meeting.
Short announcements and events
- Went through Events calendar to clean out stale events
- Cryptoparty II: Enciphered Boogaloo is happening on March 23 at Langton Labs. Go sign up to learn or teach!
- Corey is speaking at Borderlands.
- Clock has disappeared from Pole 3(?)
- Robert is taking break from NB :-( will be present once a month; will write what he does for NB so others can step up
- Casey: Donate money for vinyl + vinyl cutter!
- Art auction? Contact Dan! App hackathon? (whom to contact?)
- Milo + Joe(?) are working on SEM; has been moved into the science room; email the list for info!
- Ka-Ping Yee (@zestyping zesty.ca). Week 3. Sponsor: MCT.
- Reverend Mik McAllister. Week 4. No sponsors. (not present)
- James "JC" Cooper. Week 4. Sponsor: Danny. (not present)
- Kevin Schiesser: Week 0!
Up for consideration:
- Thomas Harper: Week 4. Carl sponsors! Also one other person (but forgetting name :S) (present!) - Added!
- Kelly emailed further updates!
- Funds in bank: Unknown! (not provided)
- Noisetor balance: (what is this??)
Proposals from last week
- FOIA Consensus Item (Tom) - Tom is not present; we will discuss next week and consent the week after.
- 2013 Board Elections (General) - Holding off because 5 applicants for 5 slots.
Proposals for next week
- FOIA discussion tabled to next week.
- Board election discussion tabled to next week.
- Danny nominates Ping and Jonathan Moore.
- Someone nominates Rachel McConnell.
- Adding Leif back in and will find a way not to make it a conflict of interest.
- Someone nominated Jake Spaz and Jake Applebaum.
- Danny nominates Robert!
- Someone nominates Yan.
- Danny nominates Thomas!
- Someone nominates Casey.
- Thought about proposing consensus proposal to solicit donations from companies and individuals but did not end up proposing.
- Danny O'Brien
- Thomas: wants to quit day job, nonprofit for artistic youth to quit day job and be self supportive; also filming music video, casting for extras
- Kevin: has been at NB for a couple of months; software hacking, learn data science, math, stats, hoping to become a member!
- Max: JS in Oakland but hanging out in SF, lots of open source
- Nicolo: Grad student in Wisconsin (visiting), working at subsidiary of 3d systems, visiting Max
- Dan: NB for a few months, making himself home at NB & studying strange dynamics of NB hackerspace :-)
- Carl: Has been at NB for a while, iPhone apps + timebanks (?) software, wants to start new open source project to take down FB
- Robert: does stuff
- Trav: silent radio station, fixed couch, online democracy
- Josh: musical stuff
- Monad: tinker
- Ping: hanging out, programmer, 5mof, Chrome extension to liberate core documents (?)
- Casey: vinyl cutter!