Meeting Notes 2013 03 12
Short announcements and events
- The green screen room is ready: right outside Turing; collapsible for your convenience.
- Our new vinyl cutter is in! See Casey to learn how to use it.
- Amber is bringing school-kids here April 2nd & 3rd. Reply to her discuss posting or sign up to help out!
- Ryan is making a self-powered camera to stream footage off-site for an undisclosed (shadowy) sponsor. Contact him to help.
- Technoactivism Third Mondays -- run by Yan -- next Monday, featuring Trevor Timm and Parker Higgins, the people behind @drones.
- Five Minutes of Fame returns next Thursday at 8pm, featuring Lee Felsenstein.
- There are people setting up a fundraiser for Noisebridge on March 30th. They need help setting up for, planning, and running the event; please get in touch.
- Hack the Gallery in Berkeley is transitioning to a hackerspace and community meetup space. Join us for a re-opening party on March 22 from 6-9 pm.
- There will be a Makermart popup at the end of April in downtown SF. Talk to Miloh
- RepRap Wednesday is coming back to Noisebridge! -- see the Fab mailling list to find out more.
- Cryptoparty II: Enciphered Boogaloo is happening on March 23 at Langton Labs. Do you know someone who needs to learn these skills? Have them sign up! Have skills to share? There's a form for that too!
- Leif is setting up some Hacker Stackers Napping Pods in the North-West corner. Get in touch to help out!
- Alex Peake, teaching kids programming tomorrow. Get in touch to help him out!
- James "JC" Cooper. Week 4+. Sponsors: Danny; Justin "Linkreincarnate" Hubberd.
- Nick "heatxsink" Granado. Week 4. Sponsor: Miloh.
- Joseph C Jackson. Week 3. No sponsors.
- Abram Clark. Week 2. Sponsors: Mek, Miloh.
- It is our consensus that Kevin Schisser is a member. His sponsors include: Monad, Snail.
Funds in bank: $11,859.68
Over the past year, our monthly income has been averaged $4,600, while our monthly expenses are estimated to be $6,550 going forward. Unless something changes soon, we will be bankrupt in August. The following is an approximate breakdown of our monthly expenses:
|Typical amount||Expense category||Notes|
|$3,960.00||Rent||Up from $3600 last year|
|$789.08||Tor Project||Self-supporting but income is counted in our totals|
|$526.18||Utilities||Will add more info.|
|$235.35||Accounting||Mostly CPA fees for dealing with the state|
|$192.33||Garbage & Recycling||Twice weekly pickup is more expensive|
|$189.29||Printing||T-shirts and stickers|
|$183.48||Insurance||An annual expense|
|$180.38||Internet||Monkeybrains and Sonic|
|$104.74||Bank Fees||Mostly paypal|
|$25.33||Misc||PO box, misc 2169 repair supplies|
- There were no proposals from last week .
We have the following proposals for next week:
- Tom proposes that we recommend to the board that they select Danny to be Treasurer, Tom to be Secretary, and Snail to be President for 2013.
- It is proposed that Shawn Landden (photo) is barred from Noisebridge. He is prohibited from entering the space or participating in the community. (Here is some context.)
- Tom proposes that we reimburse Mitch up to $1000 to replenish our t-shirt supply.
We are currently out, except for a handful of women's sizes. It would be great to have a bunch before the fund-raiser party on the 30th. I (Mitch) am happy to front the money if there are no objections -- to be paid back to me upon consensus (to ensure that we can have the T-shirts before the fund-raiser). All of our T-shirts have previously been printed locally at East Bay Screenprint. The last time we got T-shirts, we got 200 of them at $7.41 each (including shipping) -- total = $1,481.63. If we buy 50 T-shirts, the cost is $8.74 each (indluding shipping) -- total = $437.00. (I've never bought 100 before, but the price will be somewhere in between.) -- Mitch.
We had an extensive discussion of Shawn Landden's violent and unacceptable behavior. A written deposition was submitted, compiling a compendium of witness and survivor statements. Several at the meeting attested to this same violent and unacceptable behavior. We have initiated the consensus process to ban him.
- SuperQ is the moderator.
- Snail is unofficial.
- Tom is taking notes.
- David is here!
- Garret is a junior architect
- Ursula hacks language! <speaks German>
- Amber is a physics teacher. She's new here.
- Miloh is pleased to meet you!
- Casey is calibrating or fancy new vinyl cutter!
- Alex teaches game development on Mondays.
- Kevin is part of the post waste nexus (also Mondays).
- Andrew created Satan: the front-end is in Java, the back-end in JS.
- Johan has 7 regular expressions, and -- now -- 14 problems.
- Carlos -- gnusosa -- trolls on #noisebridge.
- Dan has addressable LEDs.
- Deobek is here for the first time.
- Will is new, came for 3d printing, and has pie for us (early for pi day).
- Liz is our self-appointed anarchist librarian, part of the feminist hacker hive, and the Mozilla bugmaster (yes, the Mozilla bugmaster).
- Ian is an introducer, and is planning a fundraiser.
- Kyle is an audio engineer, an activist, and a space transformer.
- Ryan is here to plan the fundraiser and is applying for membership.
- Joe has applied for membership.
- Danny is eating the popcorn, and hacks internationally.