Meeting Notes 2013 04 09
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
Short announcements and events
- Someone was seeking assistance or feedback on something... :S
- Martin: Burton High School physics students visited Noisebridge today! It was really exciting. We had several stations, Jill from the SF Chronicle was here to report, and their photographer was happy. Thank you everyone!
- Taylor: I want to take music from my computer and turn into FM (Miloh responds: use Raspberry Pi!)
- Danny: Phil Lapsely (who presented at 5mof, co-invented the Usenet protocol nttp, and wrote Exploding The Phone about phreaking) will be speaking this Friday, 6:30pm at Noisebridge!
- Danny: I will request a new mailing list, email@example.com, for those interested in helping coordinate and run events at Noisebridge.
- James: May 18th Maker Faire After-Party!
- James: Juggling with Judith on Saturday mornings, 10:15am to 12:10pm!
As the first meeting of the month, we went through the Noisebridge Events calendar and deprecated the followinge events:
- WED 20:00 - 22:00 ZinesFromOuterSpace - A biweekly (once every 2 weeks or twice a month) meetup for zinesters / printing hackers / DIY publishers, and brainstorming session for the next chapter of ZiP. Next meeting is 1/30/13, followed by another in mid-Feb (TBA).
- THU 19:30 Machine Learning come in and learn about statistical learning techniques.
- THU 18:00 - 21:00 Privacy Bay - A monthly meetup for Bay Area folks interested in privacy. Meets in Church on the last Thursday of the month.
- FRI 19:00 - 21:00 Anarchy 101 - a class/seminar on what anarchy is and is not, and how it impacts us as individuals and as discrete groups.
- SUN 13:00 Songbridge: (Bi-monthly) Learn how to make and record music with a computerWe cover midi and vst as well as multi-track recordingBring your laptop.
- SUN 14:00 Bay Area Hacker's Association - security meeting (2nd Sundays)
- Joseph Edward Martin (Week 1) – No sponsors
- Sai (Week 2) - 1 sponsor (Danny)
- Nick Shapiro (Week 1) - 1 sponsor (Miloh)
- Funds in bank:
- We did not discuss Noisetor at tonight's meeting.
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Danny: Cory Doctorow has offered to auction the name a character in one of his future novels for Noisebridge!
- We had lots of discussion about ideas for revamping the Noisebridge front page, including possibly having Noisebridge.net direct users to an HTML page rather than the Wiki. Lots of opinions were exchanged regarding the flexibility and maintainability of a MediaWiki splash page versus an HTML/CSS/JS splash page. A mailing list would be very useful to coordinate efforts and solicit opinions and necessities.
- Danny has the power to create new mailing lists, so if you are ever unable to get a new mailing list created via rack, contact him.
- Miloh says to smite Andi if you are unable to get a mailing list created. (Andi has blue hair! and refuses to give others access)
- Snail: Just snail (President of Noisebridge!)
- Sam: Some guy, non-member, lives a block away; wants an underground train to Noisebridge
- Josh: does stuff sometimes
- Mischief: Linux and Unix hacker, looking for job!
- Martin: part of the tree people
- Taylor: has been here 3 times, learning circuitry, hopefully programming to make something
- Ken: taking notes, has been here 3 months
- Tom: he is an installation art project
- Josh: wrote Noisegate Android app, working on web application, needs bottle opener
- Tayupa: spelling?
- Noam: program, nonmember
- Ross: nonmember, program
- Carlos: member, rewriting Noisegate API
- Miloh: interrupted w/ best procedures
- Evan: fair weather Noisebridger, likes to meditate
- Nick: Makes games
- Dan: relatively new(?), Renaissance hacker, dilletante, hacker
- Curtis: nonmember, program, rewrite Gate API in Clojure
- Carl: wrote iPhone app for Noisegate, needs to finish
- Jarrod: junior architect, freelance junior architect
- Sai: nonmember