Meeting Notes 2013 05 07
Revision as of 22:11, 7 May 2013 by Leif
These are the notes from the The 264th Meeting of Noisebridge.
Short announcements and events
- UC Open Access Public Meeting in Berkeley, Wednesday, May 8, 5pm, 210 South Hall
- An anonymous donor has given Noisetor $10,000
- 5moF is next (not this week) Thursday. Email danny at spesh dot com if you'd like to present.
- The EFF housewarming is next Thrsday but you can't go because they already have too many RSVPs.
- Patent Reform Party at Mozilla HQ this Thursday (not yet full).
- A company that makes electronic circuits for music hacking is offering NB members a 25% discount. Contact Johnny Radio for details
- Noisebridge and other hackerspaces were covered in the New York Times recently.
- First edition of the Modular Synthesis Workshop happened on Saturday
- a group of neurohackers, dreamers, and scientists gets together wednesdays at 7
- Jeff A, second week, no sponsors
- James S, second week, sponsored by Danny and Carlos
- Christopher d, second week, no sponsors
- Richard B, fourth week, no sponsors
- Funds in bank: $22,551.84, after paying rent. Currently not losing money!
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- There are $2278.86 earmarked NoiseTor funds (not counting the $10,000 anonymous donation, which is not yet in the bank)
- Colo service has been paid through Mar 7, 2013
- There are enough funds to pay for an additional 2 months of colo
- This information was updated at Tue May 7 20:30:03 2013
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
- Maker Faire
- Danny proposes that Noisebridge should make clean. There should be an RFC process where proposals for altering Noisebridge are made, followed by a two-week period during which Noisebridge is "closed" while people clean it up and implement the RFCs. This will be discussed more soon!
- Danny - treasurer, moderating the meetig
- Mike - technowanderer, likely to be wandering away from NB sometime soon. Putting all his energy into his own space. Has directions that are different than that of Noisebridge, and needs to push forth with them. Noisebridge and I have been diverging, not any criticism about Noisebridge itself but what is going on doesn't fit or accomodate me. My techniques and styles are different from where Noisebridge is going. Not to say bad or good, but a stylistic difference.
- Rhody - hanging out for about a week, lots of software hacking, also some electrical stuff.
- Pavan - here for 10 minutes
- Ali - here to check it out
- Martin - enjoys where art and technology intersect
- Mek - computer programmer
- John - pilot, programmer, brainwave measurer, organizing Noisebridge's presence at Maker Faire
- Griffin - researching rearranging substomic structures with microwaves
- Morgan - linux user, playing with LEDs
- Miloh - engineer, loves Noisebridge and other hackerspaces
- Michael - just got back from traveling
- Leif - taking notes, currently very interested in Tahoe-LAFS
- Mischief - go and python
- Kevin - dream hacking, dream archiving
- Tom - secretary, doing lots of paperwork for noisebridge
- Felippe - researcher, studying free software, from brazil, likes noisebridge
- Carlos - likes emacs, python. writes software
- Dan - 6 months noisebridge exposure. describes self as a disruptive technologist