Meeting Notes 2013 06 25
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
Don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.
These are the notes from the The 271st Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Naomi; Moderator: JC.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
Short announcements and events
- jarred: in Rebase mtg, we decided to remove a lot of debris. Call for help, awareness that we're going to be
- leif: michael shouldn't be at the meeting w/o giving advance notice. mike believes he did, but nobody else seems to have gotten the email.
- * mike's lawyer (ACLU?): "amend your ways" threatened to sue NB and Leif unless we "change our system". Leif wants the record to show that he told them to "get the fuck out."
- dana: on Thu 7 o'clock we're doing a workshop on ROASTING COFFEE.
- JC on behalf of Merlin: bike light workshop this Sunday.
- Martin: Noise Jam was this past weekend and it was awesome.
- RED SHIRTS NEEDED at Noisebridge for Tuesday and Saturday nights.
- Wade Ainsbury - has also been asked to leave. He HAD one sponsor, presently has none.
- Funds in bank: $35,993.76
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary): $12K
- We're AHEAD of our 3-month buffer, w00t
- Josh wonders if we would consider amending the membership process w.r.t. people who've been asked to leave the space.
- Discussion quickly reaches conclusion that this policy would be redundant since we already consense on membership.
- Jake wrote to list wanting door access discussed.
- Casey and Josh say they will advocate for Jake.
- However no real discussion emerges.
- Leif's just going ahead and putting a time constraint on use of door codes, doorbell. Let's keep experimenting.
- We'll probably talk about the door codes thing some more.
Things to be Repaired
- RetinaEngrave USB Laser Engraving Processor This is a USB Microcontroller - you have to order it from the manufacturer. It was reported to me that this needs to be replaced. It looks like it will cost $449 at the least. Reported to me that this was what needed to be replaced on the lasercutter
- Casey fixed it during the meeting, yay!
- Someone told me on the floor that the vinyl cutter is broken and a blade needs to be replaced.
- leif - member on hiatus, work on privacy/security
- josh - 68k emulation, wrote Noisegate, heard about NB
- tayopa - Maker Faire - Rolf said it was "very important" that she make a call on the payphone.
- guillaume - curious about orgs with alternative structures
- dana - heard about NB from NYC Resistor at Maker Faire. E-textiles and LEDs!
- justin - TDCS, 3d-printing, web dev
- dan - been at NB for 6-7 months. programmer, interested in things and helping.
- v - became aware of NB through Bradley Manning demos in 2010. tries to keep the place tidy.
- douglas - we used to borrow your internet over at Station 40. started hanging out here a few weeks ago.
- michael - bike trailer that converts into a suitcase.
- rev mik - designing furniture for alien species. heard about NB from his web admin.
- scott - heard about NB years ago when Mitch was on KQED years ago. came for the soldering course, stayed for the woodshop.
- aaron - first time here. Friend told him about it.
- jin - activist. City College sustainable development. working on Bradley Manning posters.
- dru - mobiles, especially Android. heard about it from Homes Not Jails.
- Ronney - costumes, learning to code..
- ?? - alchemist? wood and metal, fire and energy
- Alex - video game programming class on Mondays. heard about it from Jake Appelbaum years ago.
- Low - heard about NB from Cafe Mediterraneum, something about festivals. Been here about 7 days.
- Yan - astrophysics, HTTPS Everywhere! CAme b/c someone opened the door so she went in.
- Carl - learned about NB years ago, coffee shop word of mouth. Interested in identity and encryption.
- zephyr - TRS-80 / Chasm. "Once you get beyond BASIC it's awesome." heard about NB on IRC.
- Martin - electronic music and circuits. heard about NB from Jake (spaz)
- mct - is looking for a 20-pin header at the moment.
- adrian - open source wireless, Linux drivers. "hackerspaces are incestuous."
- jarred - heard about NB from someone at architecture school.
- naomi - came to NB for a party hosted by Asheesh Laroia. Doing a lot of things.
- carlos - Commodore 64, Go.
- carlo - Ireland/SF nomad. activist. interested in web pages, learning to program.
- mischief - I like to write Go. uncle brought him here for 5MoF a few years ago.
- JC - heard of it from a friend, traveled around visiting other hackerspaces.
- henry - heard about it from various hackers throughout the years. activist.
- ramon - linux, python, other things.
- casey - is fixing the laser cutter.
Ex-marine delivers monologue about how shit is fucked up and bullshit (paraphrased). Reminds us to avoid tearing each other apart in the midst of a civil war.