Meeting Notes 2013 06 25
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
Don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.
These are the notes from the The 271st Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Naomi; Moderator: JC.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
Short announcements and events
- jarred: in Rebase mtg, we decided to remove a lot of debris. Call for help, awareness that we're going to be
- leif: michael shouldn't be at the meeting w/o giving advance notice. mike believes he did, but nobody else seems to have gotten the email.
- * mike's lawyer (ACLU?): "amend your ways" threatened to sue NB and Leif unless we "change our system". Leif wants the record to show that he told them to "get the fuck out."
- dana: on Thu 7 o'clock we're doing a workshop on ROASTING COFFEE.
- JC on behalf of Merlin: bike light workshop this Sunday.
- Martin: Noise Jam was this past weekend and it was awesome.
- RED SHIRTS NEEDED at Noisebridge for Tuesday and Saturday nights.
- Wade Ainsbury - has also been asked to leave. He HAD one sponsor, presently has none.
- Funds in bank: $35,993.76
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary): $12K
- We're AHEAD of our 3-month buffer, w00t
- Josh wonders if we would consider amending the membership process w.r.t. people who've been asked to leave the space.
- Discussion quickly reaches conclusion that this policy would be redundant since we already consense on membership.
- Jake wrote to list wanting door access discussed.
- Casey and Josh say they will advocate for Jake.
- However no real discussion emerges.
- Leif's just going ahead and putting a time constraint on use of door codes, doorbell. Let's keep experimenting.
- We'll probably talk about the door codes thing some more.
Things to be Repaired
- RetinaEngrave USB Laser Engraving Processor This is a USB Microcontroller - you have to order it from the manufacturer. It was reported to me that this needs to be replaced. It looks like it will cost $449 at the least. Reported to me that this was what needed to be replaced on the lasercutter
- Someone told me on the floor that the vinyl cutter is broken and a blade needs to be replaced.
- List of names and short summary. For bonus points, link wiki user pages.
Now that the meeting is over, don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.