Meeting Notes 2013 07 23
You should read the meeting instructions forthwith!
Don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.
These are the notes from the The 275th Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Kevin; Moderator: Jarrod.
- Hacker Fellowships
- Ban Brandon consensus proposal - Brandon present and agrees to refain from being at Noisebridge until the coming Tuesday meeting
- Mark O'Neil appeals his ban
- Skyler not to return til the coming Tuesday meeting
- God Waffel Noise Pancakes coming to Noisebridge Sunday, September 22nd
 Short announcements and events
- Cynthia announces the non-unanimous decision to tear out the centeral island Thursday morning AKA phase I
- Dan announces a friend form the Community Arts Program has a life-size robot made of clay. 1009 Market Street (Market and 6th).
- Douglas would like to have God Waffel Noise Pancakes show here Sunday afternoon.DnD conflict? Will be discussed later.
- Dana announces a woman lost her As cap. Sentimental value. Her email is on the Discuss list.*
- James annoucnes August 10, 4PM to late. Fundraiser party at noisebridge. Food and fun for all. Everyone is welcome. noisebridge.net/party Noisejam will be proforming, Carolyn will teach fencing... and much more! Would be cool to contact Food not Bombs (bring food, offer advice, join in). Also help with set-up and tear-down of event. Orchestra would like to collaborate with LED team. Tabling okay and encouraged. Help to publicise.
- James announces hacker fellowship proposal.
- Cynthia announces that Diatomacious earth was not delivered. Door bell was disabled and Fedex delivery was not recieved.
- No one present to membership
 Financial Report
- No one present to present report
- Funds in bank: $37,611.44
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary): $16556.03
 Consensus items
(Add any items which pass or are blocked to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
Proposal to ban Brandon from the space [typical language]
- Brandon who had been using/sleeping/living in the DJ Booth with frequency lately, was asked to leave this morning
- Grivences include grossly inappropriate use of the space and offensive communication
- Brandon arrives and speaks on greatly respecting the space, feeling disrespected by others,
- Brandon has agreed not to come back til coming Tuesday meeting
Proposal to providing funding for hacker fellowships brought by James
- If Noisebridge has 3 months worth of rent (all expenses), then the fellowship will continue.
- Specific amount of money for this fund, $2k allocated to the fellowship every month for instance
- If fellows are underbudget the money rolls over month-to-month
- Disbursement of funds? Maybe consensed on at weekly Noisebridge meeting
- Do not think disbursement needs consensus
- Details need to be fool-proofed
- Suggestion to put out Request for Proposal (RFP)
- No rush
- Not be consensed on next week specifically to stirr discussion and get more details
Mark O'Neil returns to appeal his ban
- Mark discribes what happend, in detail, believing it to have been a prank
- Mark acknowldges that the cheesecake incident was inappropriate
- Mark had not become aware that he was banned until a fews days back
- The seriousness of Mark's actions are articulated and have been noted by the banning
- Cynthia suggests that Mark be unbanned so long as he is always sober at Noisebridge
- Mark will wait a couple of months before coming back to appeal the ban
 Discussion Notes
God Waffel Noise Pancakes
- Noisebridge host event on September 22nd
- Douglas volunteers to bottomline the event
- One enthusiastic response from the list
- Will it interfere with anything else? DnD? Lock picking?
- Donations would be split with Noisebridge
- There will be vegan pancakes
- Music will be made with homemade and off-the-self insturment
- Asked to leave and not come back with Brandon this morning
- He was respectful, and left
- Skyler should not return to Noisebridge until the coming Tuesday meeting
- Mark - work with some friends
- Adam - like to build things
- Dana - working on LED stuff
- Monad - I tinker around
- Cynthia - Supports keeping internet accessible
- Douglas - audio
- Tyler - Databases
- Kevin - Brains and sleep
- Dan - Programmer with brain/mind interestes
- Jade - Python and Neurohacking group participation
- Matthew - see friends
- Marten - Art, music and electronics
- Pan - Pantrimtab, continuation of the human race here by accident
- Mojotu - electronics looking for tips modding an 80s drum machine
- Craig - learn more about programming, computers
- crw - from bound together
- Jarrod - maker and junior architect
Now that the meeting is over, don't forget to post the meeting notes to the wiki and e-mail the discussion list with a short summary.