Meeting Notes 2015 02 10
- Torrie (crypto-anarchist by day, hacker except on Sundays);
- Az (software developer);
- Mitch (the cofounder, turning off TVs);
- Another dude, second day here;
- David (nice glasses, hacking on community garden nursery);
- Dan (programmer, neural hacking);
- Rafa (visiting SF, started to learn Python);
- Carl (old-timer, sofware developer);
- Az (working on time-bank with Carl);
- Patrick (software developer, got hooked on NB during reboot);
- Jay (been here for the reboot, tinkerer);
- Scott (musician came here to learn how to solder in 2010/2011);
- Samer (get paid to touch computers, emacs is """rad""");
- Didn't get the name, I think it's the dude who do the RFID access system also use emacs;
- Janett (homie, just heard about NB);
- Ryan (graphic designer, would love to learn how to hack stuff);
- Louis - Been coming to NB for ~2 years. Working on a project with LIFX things. Happy to see the reboot;
- Strange person Josh just showed up;
Short announcements and events
- June 29 & 30th, and the previous week-end
event with american librarian association, 2000 librarians attending focusing on how hacker spaces can benefit to libraries talk to Mitch, April or Patrick.
- Feb 28th
- SDR (Software Defined Radio) meet-up, Casey says it's awesome
- Project X: night event that involving bio-hackers but no mutants.
- Early March
Patrick and other people are organizing a workshop to help journalists how to use crypto and privacy software.
- Thursday 19 Feb
5 Minutes of Fame is coming back at 7PM!
Mitch also reminds us that we should start thinking about how we are going to renew our lease in Summer, we should expect a rent a bit above 4k.
Jay is working on a special table with fun electronic things in it, come on this Thursday around 7PM to participate, this is for the maker-fare too.
Az & Carl are looking for developer to help on time-bank.
One application in the binder who Dan knows, but should show up at the meeting to move forward.
- Funds in bank: $19196.92 + 2k in a savings account
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- runway: 2 months
- burn rate: 4.9k (so yeah not all this money is actually ours
Consensus and Discussion
- Nothing to be discussed this week.
(Add any items which are consensed upon or someone has raised a principle objection for to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)