Meeting Notes 2015 12 08
These are the notes from the The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge. Note-taker: Danukeru; Moderators: lxp.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
= Introductions =File:JacobAppelbum2.jpeg
- Steve: Noisebridge is a 501c3 since 2007. Teaches technical topics ot its visitors and members. Be your best self, follow your dreams and be excellent to each other. It is an extension on being 1337. You must also be excellent. Watch yo self before you noise yo self? He's Now out of energy
- Alex: Be cool. Seriously. Or be asked to leave..."nicely".
= Round of introductions (remember, announcements come later):
John: Met Alex at hackathon and got brainwashed. Likes VR and Unity. Building a grpahical programming language. Talk to him. He doesn't have a brother named Mark, but does have one named Theodore.
Frank: Works on RF SDR, but specifically high bandwith
Samir: Eating a burrito. COmes spo
Teopa: It's meeting time.
Steve: Theoreticla physicist and adata scientist.
Trave: Make games, and get paid. Likes 3D art.
Roger: Just fucks with the notes.
Dan: 3 years my senior at NB. Works on NN and NN concepts. Not propane. Neural Networks. Friend of the machines.
Chris: Student. Likes game dev and archtitecture.
Alex: Passionate about growin NB for a while now through gamedev, robotics, and SIGNAGE! IF YOU LIKE IT PUT A SIGN ON IT!
Trent: Python class organiser and web dev. Class is out for December
Danukeru: I type things here today.
Short announcements and events
Teopa: SPARKLECON! Google it...cba to type. Frank: Next crypto challenge group is coming next Thursday.
- Alex: YUltimate way that NB stays open and stays awesome. Money -> Rent -> Fuel/Electricity -> Responsibility! There's also the power of blocking a concesnsus vote. (Dude does art in BG) DUDE IS DOING * WALL ART! HE COULD DO IT IN PINK! Is that cool? If you don't think so you could block it. But first you must apply. Pop a slip from the binder, and find 2 sponsors who are form the memeber body. Sits there for 4 weeks before it can be reviwed for concensus on if they can be a member or not. If you're not cool, someone could block you from not becoming a member. So don't shit in the space.
- The main reason is basically you love the space, and want to declare it your responsibility.
- No, I don't remember. But I know I get 24hr access. I get to close up, and I cannot block in concensus items. All this for one easy payment of 79.99999999999999999999999999 a month. Or half of that.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
Consensus and Discussion
= New Member Crossexamination : Alex Peake
- Steve wants details regarding a missed payment.
- Alex wanted to become a member to promote the space. He brought cash at the meeting that he would be approved. He gave to someone claiming they would take the cash on the space's behalf. However he now recogizes that he should have had received a receipt, meaning that only the treasurer could . The cash was dumped in the donation box (best guess). Peter corroborated the story, but Patrick had to abide by the rules to uphold the legal integrity of NoiseBridge as a charity. Kevin tried to convince Patrick to do otherwise, in addition to Alex being willing to add another 40$ donation on top of his repeated donation.
- Patrick's refusal irked Alex, but he accepted the logic regarding the legal integrity of the hackerspace. Alex greatly respects Pattrick, and bares no ill will.
- Trent asks what concensus is best used for?
- Best used to affect the most people in a positive way, should ussually only go to "c" concenssus
- "C" concenssus should be for more serious aspects: Legal(questionable events), Financial(purchases), and maintaining the "Safe Space" though banning people.
- Managing space resources that affect abslutely everyone.
- Trent asks what what Alex seeks in a new member.
- Being able to judge safe people, he can then give out a token. He recommends philanthropy if he thinks that someone has pulled value from the space. For a member, he expects them to be trusted with the space long after he's gone, or stuck in another castle.
- Trent wants to know what he's done in the space.
- Gamefication framework. Hackathon team organizer. Tactical corsets(pew pew). Code Hero. Teaches classes relating to gamedev, and this is ongoing. Did we mention he likes signs? Seriously...how can someone always have that much adhesive on hand?
He was once asked to stop sleeping on the couch. He understands now the effects from sensitivity of small group dynamics. He takes criticism much better now.
ALEX BLOCKS HAS NONE, SO NOISBRIDGE MEMBER IS HE. -Yoda
(Add any items which are consensed upon or someone has raised a principle objection for to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
If any important discussion happens, it should be happening after forward progress is made during consensus.
- Roger: Mattermost server Patrick put up is running. Go to chat.noisebridge.net/noisebridge to sign up for an account.
- Alex: We've got a proposed 3D printer hack station enclosure design for signage and tools attached to peg board.
- Paul: It would be better if the signs were less clear so the tools act as death traps. There can always be someone who thinks they understand the tool because they read the signage. Instructions should be about maintenance. I like the stuff Eric is making.
- Alex: Yes this incorporates that.