Difference between revisions of "Meeting Notes 2017 05 23"

From Noisebridge
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created new meeting page)
 
 
Line 1: Line 1:
----------->8----------
+
These are the notes from the [https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge].
DELETE EVERYTHING BELOW THIS LINE WHEN YOU POST THE MEETING MINUTES KTHX!!!
+
Date: 05/23/2017
 
+
Note-taker: Sam
= Instructions =
+
Moderators: Mitch
 
 
Congratulations and/or condolences! You're reading this because you're participating in a meeting of Noisebridge!
 
 
 
Meetings should be limited to an hour when possible. Shorter is fine, but avoid rushing.
 
 
 
You should read this instructional section thoroughly, and treat them as a guideline for how to host a meeting of Noisebridge. There are three ingredients to an [[Excellent]] meeting: A number of note takers, some facilitators, and participants.
 
 
 
Meetings are just one of the tools used at Noisebridge to create net forward progress on whatever it is we're all trying to do. Meetings aren't the only way to make decisions or have discussions, and in fact its usually a much better idea to talk about things outside the meeting before dragging the entire community kicking and screaming into it.
 
 
 
== Note Takers ==
 
# Confirm last meeting was saved
 
# Take new notes
 
# Save and share the notes at the end of the meeting (instructions at the bottom).
 
 
 
== Facilitators ==
 
 
 
There are generally two kinds of facilitator roles at a Noisebridge meeting:
 
 
 
* Stack taker - Useful when a lot of folks want to hop on the discussion stack. This gives everyone a turn to have their feelings heard. Usually only works when there is exactly one stack taker.
 
* Moderators - Keeps the meeting moving and prevents everyone from wasting too much time on one subject. Anyone is free to pick up moderation and move the meeting along.
 
 
 
In general, moderators should:
 
* Understand the structure of Noisebridge [[consensus|decision-making]]
 
* Make sure everyone gets a chance to speak.
 
* Speak only minimally yourself.
 
* Keep the meeting moving, and avoid getting bogged down.
 
* Identify discussion items, arrange times limits for talking about each item.
 
* Identify and summarize consensus, suggest things that need to be done.
 
* '''Get the [[membership binder]] and ensure that it is returned safely.'''
 
 
 
== Participants ==
 
 
 
Everyone at a Noisebridge meeting who has consented to participating in one is a participant!
 
 
 
* Say your name before you talk.
 
* Remain on-topic, and speak as concisely as possible.
 
* Assist the note-taker with any links or corrections that are needed.
 
* Remain respectful of other participants, their time, and the consensus and moderation process.
 
 
 
 
 
DELETE EVERYTHING ABOVE THIS LINE WHEN YOU POST THE MEETING MINUTES KTHX!!!
 
----------->8----------
 
 
 
These are the notes from the [https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge]. Date: FIXME THE DATE HERE Note-taker: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE; Moderators: FIXME THEIR NAME HERE.
 
* '''One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.'''
 
  
 
== Meeting Summary ==
 
== Meeting Summary ==
Line 54: Line 9:
 
* Announcements:
 
* Announcements:
 
* Finances:
 
* Finances:
* New members:
+
** No report due to John being away for personal matters
* New philanthropists:
 
 
* Consensus Items:  
 
* Consensus Items:  
 +
** Consensus item Passed: Philanthropist status no longer expires when a monthly donation is not made. Philanthropist goes into hiatus where they neither pay dues nor have any properties of the Philanthropist role. Can be revoked as normal when on hiatus. Loses 24h access while on hiatus.
 +
** Consensus item Passed: Define Propagation of Access Tokens: Active Members and Philanthropists may have 24-hour access to Noisebridge through the RFID access control system. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Members. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be renewed by members and philanthropists.
 +
 
* Discussion Items:
 
* Discussion Items:
  
 
= Introductions =
 
= Introductions =
  
* '''Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to explain''' [[Noisebridge_Vision|what Noisebridge is about]]:
+
* Mitch: co-founder of Noisebridge from around 2007, this space since 2009. Will travel to Xi'an tomorrow.
<blockquote>Noisebridge is a 501c3 nonprofit that provides a space for creation, collaboration, and learning about technology and creative projects. Noisebridge provides space, power tools, and infrastructure to help the public learn new skills and create cool things. Noisebridge continues to exist through and depends entirely on membership fees and donations. Our code of conduct is 'Be excellent to each other'."</blockquote>
+
* Sam: been at Noisebridge for 6/7 months, lighting stuff, security. Please help take notes!
* Introduce any experimental or unusual moderation techniques that may be using during the meeting like: direct responses, limited speaking time, orderless stack, &c.
+
* Lizzie: computer security & electronics, trying to get 2fa off phone
* Round of introductions (remember, announcements come later):
+
* emma: been here once before so checking it out. A bit british, a bit australian, a bit all over the place
** What's your name
+
* blaze: i like space and robots, so sending robots to space
** What do you do
+
* Alex: I'm Alex.
** What do you maintain at Noisebridge?
+
* Nobel: Here for stupid shit hackathon
** if you are new: how did you hear about Noisebridge?
+
* Howard: here to read books
 +
* Osman: co founded makerspace in istanbul, here in free time
 +
* Grant: From Buffalo, makerspace over there, work in tech, space, robots, etc.
 +
* Joe: first time here was when richard stallman was here, is volunteer for maintaining his political notes
 +
* Matt: sound reinforcement engineer
 +
* Keita: organises iOS meetup every week Sunday, love making apps in iOS, please join on Sunday.
 +
* Quinn: friends call me rainbow. doing freelance, free OSS stuff. Mostly interested in tackling new problems. want to get political.
 +
* Edward: comes to gamebridge
 +
* Trent: lockpicksmith, but very bad at it. Never done it before.
 +
 
  
 
= Short announcements and events =
 
= Short announcements and events =
* Cool new projects? Something you'd like people to know? Say now, but keep it short! One or two sentences please!
+
 
* Any happenings at the space of which members should be made aware.
+
* Mitch: who has short announcements.
* Don't hog everyone's time since we all just want to hack!
+
* Keita: next mo. in first week of June, WWDC (Apple's dev. conference) in San Jose. Let's meet up there!
 +
* Mitch: Open science co-working space in SoMA called ManyLabs (https://www.manylabs.org/). Whole bunch of Arduinos not used, director interested in Arduino Hack Night. Wed. June 14th 6:30-9:30. BYO Arduinos - they have accessories.
 +
* Osman: just saw in slack that some people from NB are going to computer history on saturdary, meeting there at 10am, some people will meet at NB beforehand. https://noisebridge.slack.com/archives/C027UKECM/p1495591569155719
 +
* Mitch: it's probably also fine to meet later.
  
 
= Safe Space =
 
= Safe Space =
  
'''Note:''' This section is experimental.  We discussed it at [[Meeting_Notes_2016_06_28]]. We're going to try it for the next meeting, and see how it goes, and then discuss in the discussion section how it went, and how we'd like to tweak it.
+
* Lizzie: noisebridge tries to be a place where anyone can come to try and have the opportunity to work on things, so if anyone comes and makes other people uncomfortable, we try to avoid those situations. people are encouraged to be critical of themselves so that these situations are avoided.
 +
* mary poppins: shall we play a game
 +
* Lizzie: muted
 +
* Mitch: that was mary poppins
 +
* Mitch: so yeah, safe space, we definitely want noisebridge to be a place that people can feel like they can come and stay. And our one rule, be excellent to one another, maintains that.
  
Noisebridge is a safe space.  '''Invite a volunteer to describe''' what that means.
+
= Participation =
  
Some specific points you might prompt the group to touch on, if it doesn't happen naturally:
+
* Mitch: Anyone is welcome at noisebridge if they belong here. Should contribute in some way. Want to be welcome to as many people as possible. You do not need to be a philanthropists or member to participate in Noisebridge. We have "Do-ocracy", like many other hackerspaces. Learn by doing! You are empowered to make NB better.
* What to do if you feel uncomfortable.
 
* Noisebridge strives to be radically inclusive. What does that mean?
 
* Noisebridge has an antiharassment policy. What does that mean?
 
  
= Participation =
+
Slack: new communication app, can use on your phone. Stay for a while and might get an invite. In person communication is way better than text.
  
Invite a knowledgable volunteer to describe who can participate at Noisebridge, including:
+
= [[Philanthropist|Philanthropists]]=
* Describe how to get an rfid key for the door system
 
* Describe how to get access to slack
 
  
= [[Philanthropist|Philanthropists]]=
+
* Sam: When you set up a regular donation to support to space, in return you have extended responsibilities to look after the space. Will have access to space 24 hours. Need to make sure that at the end of the day you are the last person here (and need to make sure that everybody else leaves when space closes, which is usually at 10p). Can get access with member sponsorship. Come with sign up forms to meetings. No member objections -> philanthropist.
* '''Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to describe''' [[Philanthropist/Pledge|Philantropy]], and the application process.
+
* Mitch: In Noisebridgespeak means what Sam described. Philanthropists in English language means people w/ lots of money who contribute to a worthy org.
* Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Any applicants must have their sponsor present to vouch for them.
+
Do not need to be philanthropist first to become a member.
* If there are no objections, they're a philanthropist! Their pledge should be handed over to the [[Secretary]] posthaste, after which their token will be updated to give them the 24/7 access they've earned(?)
+
* Sam: being a member gives you numner of responsibilities. You have to be sposored by two existing members. Fill in the form, bering it to a meeting, it stays open for 4 weeks. During this duration any member can say I don't feel good for this person to become a member without any reason. If no one objects your membership, you become a member. After you become a member, then you have the ability to participate in big "C" consensus. If you wanna go ahead an do stuff, but not sure, you can talk to people and get a cnsensus with small c.  
 +
* Mitch: Everyone can be a part of any discussion...
 +
Sam: you dont need to be a philantropist or member to get yourelf to the space. You can ask a member for access to the space, any member can take your clipper card or any other rfid tag, and grant you access.
  
 
= [[ Membership Binder ]] =
 
= [[ Membership Binder ]] =
  
* '''Invite a knowledgeable volunteer to describe''' [[membership]], and the application process.
+
* No new or pending forms
<blockquote>Being a member of Noisebridge is not like being a member of a gym or your local chess club. Anyone can come to Noisebridge to hack and learn: you don't need to be a member for that. At Noisebridge, membership is something different: it means taking responsibility and committing to help to maintain, improve, and govern Noisebridge. As a member of Noisebridge, you don't just come here to hack and learn, you actively work to improve what you see around you, help to deal with problems, and make this community and space better than it is today.</blockquote>
 
* Read off any names from the binder for the past month. Mark down a check or other indicator on every open application to keep track of how many weeks they've been read out.
 
* Anyone eligible to join this week should
 
** introduce themselves,
 
** answer any questions members may have for them, then
 
** leave the area in search of gifts (traditionally beer and a lime, or cookies) for the rest of the group.
 
* The rest of the meeting should reach consensus on whether they may join.
 
* Remember to applaud new members when they return.
 
  
 +
= Financial Report =
  
= Financial Report =
+
* our treasurer left town for this week due to personal reasons. no report for this week. financial situation hasn't changed from last week. $90k in the bank.
* Funds in bank:
+
 
* Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
+
* $15k grant for Noisetor - Tor exit node.
* Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
+
* 7500$ left in the tool budget. So if you can come up with a tool that would be cool to have in noisebridge, noisebridge pays for the half of it.
  
 
= Consensus =
 
= Consensus =
  
* '''invite a knowledgeable volunteer to give '''[[Consensus Process|a brief primer on consensus process]]
+
* Mitch: despite things might look organisational - we are anarchists and we do things ways we think that are cool. Has worked for the last 10 years.
* It is important that everyone in attendance understands at least:
 
** Blocking with verbalized principled objections.
 
** Why we use consensus over other approaches to decision making.
 
** How consensus isn't a legislative process
 
** Why consensus isn't applicable to some things like conflict resolution, resolution of time sinks, and the like.
 
  
 
== [[ Consensus Items History | Proposals from last week ]] ==
 
== [[ Consensus Items History | Proposals from last week ]] ==
''(Add any items which are consensed upon or someone has raised a principle objection for to the [[Consensus Items History]] page.)''
+
 
 +
Trent: bad locksmith. Brought up two consensus proposals:
 +
 
 +
1) Philanthropist status no longer expires when a monthly donation is not made. Philanthropist goes into hiatus where they neither pay dues nor have any properties of the Philanthropist role. Can be revoked as normal when on hiatus. Loses 24h access while on hiatus.
 +
Currently: need to revoke access + record that they are no longer philanthropists. More admin effort.
 +
 
 +
* Lizzie: I feel in practice that people will maybe just not be revoked anyway when they stop paying. 
 +
* Trent: yeah that's probably fine, sort of what we do already, we can kinda just do whatever we want. Instead of treating people unfairly why not just not deal with it.
 +
* Mitch: anyone disagree
 +
* no one disagrees -
 +
* consensus reached -
 +
 
 +
2) Define Propagation of Access Tokens: Active Members and Philanthropists may have 24-hour access to Noisebridge through the RFID access control system. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Members. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be renewed by members and philanthropists.   
 +
 
 +
* Trent: Right now, formal consensus is that whoever built the access controll system to whatever they want. Those people include Henner, and Henner is very excellent, and many people help, and we have converged on doing it a particular way. So all this consensus is a formalisation of the way we do things now, rather than people having to try and work out how things work.
 +
* Sam: this is the new bit right?
 +
* Trent: correct. Henner said he'll be going ahead and doing this anyway, so this consensus doesn't need to actualy pass, but it would be nice to formalise,
 +
* Mitch: Questions / Comments / Objections
 +
* no one disagrees -
 +
* consensus reached -
 +
* Howard updated the wiki. [[Special:Diff/58569]]
  
 
== [[ Current Consensus Items | Proposals for next week ]] ==
 
== [[ Current Consensus Items | Proposals for next week ]] ==
 
''(Add any new items for consensus to the [[Current Consensus Items]] page.)''
 
''(Add any new items for consensus to the [[Current Consensus Items]] page.)''
  
 +
1) John's Proposal: https://noisebridge.slack.com/files/pemulis/F5HCQGXSS/thomas_j__shutt_memorial_foundation_fiscal_sponsorship_proposal.xml
 +
 +
* Mitch: Questions / Comments
 +
* Blaze: Any reason why no other people other than family are going to be helping to run the organisation
 +
* Mitch: can't answer that, maybe ask on slack?
 +
* Lizzie: One big thing with consensus proposals is the first meeting tends to just be an announcement, so it's okay for there to be not too much immediate discussion.
 +
* Mitch: another thing to note is in the past with fiscal sponsorship noisebridge has taken a cut to help maintain it, but in this case given that John will be managing it, i would be happy to not do that this time.
 +
* Mitch: so i think that's enough for that
  
 
= Discussion =
 
= Discussion =
  
Longer discussion items belong here. This is the last part of the meeting so that people can break off and continue their discussion afterwards.
+
== Recording Studio ==
 +
 
 +
* Matt: Talked to people who have expressed interest in recording studio. Current design will be good for how the studio sounds inside the soundproof, but doesn't do anything for how it sounds outside, so i've been doing designing for such a thing. I would like to ask that people can help contribute to materials for such a space. materials: drywall, dropceiling, door, carpet, foam sealants etc...
 +
* Mitch: sounds awesome. so for projects like this in the past, people have discussed on slack, and just get people's informal pledge, and then when it's time to set up / buy materials, set up a donation page.
 +
* Matt: would like people to help me move stuff out.
 +
* Mitch: and get people to pledge on the wiki page, it's not too much money.
 +
 
 +
== Slack ==
 +
 
 +
Blaze: Noise in #general slack channel. I just end up skipping a lot of them. Can we manage this somehow? People think about what they want to talk about and see if it's a good channel for it to go in.
 +
 
 +
Mitch: one last quick announcement> Juan organised a pallet of club mate that is a bland energy drink that "one gets used to". $4 / bottle, $80 / crate.  
  
  
Line 141: Line 138:
  
 
= End of Meeting =
 
= End of Meeting =
 
# Return the [[membership binder]] to its rightful location.
 
# Discuss any items for which there was not time during the meeting.
 
# Enjoy the company of your fellow hacker, robot, or robothacker.
 
  
 
== Note taker posts the notes ==
 
== Note taker posts the notes ==

Latest revision as of 05:07, 24 May 2017

These are the notes from the The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge. Date: 05/23/2017 Note-taker: Sam Moderators: Mitch

Meeting Summary[edit]

FIXME FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST TLDR what happened at the meeting:

  • Announcements:
  • Finances:
    • No report due to John being away for personal matters
  • Consensus Items:
    • Consensus item Passed: Philanthropist status no longer expires when a monthly donation is not made. Philanthropist goes into hiatus where they neither pay dues nor have any properties of the Philanthropist role. Can be revoked as normal when on hiatus. Loses 24h access while on hiatus.
    • Consensus item Passed: Define Propagation of Access Tokens: Active Members and Philanthropists may have 24-hour access to Noisebridge through the RFID access control system. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Members. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be renewed by members and philanthropists.
  • Discussion Items:

Introductions[edit]

  • Mitch: co-founder of Noisebridge from around 2007, this space since 2009. Will travel to Xi'an tomorrow.
  • Sam: been at Noisebridge for 6/7 months, lighting stuff, security. Please help take notes!
  • Lizzie: computer security & electronics, trying to get 2fa off phone
  • emma: been here once before so checking it out. A bit british, a bit australian, a bit all over the place
  • blaze: i like space and robots, so sending robots to space
  • Alex: I'm Alex.
  • Nobel: Here for stupid shit hackathon
  • Howard: here to read books
  • Osman: co founded makerspace in istanbul, here in free time
  • Grant: From Buffalo, makerspace over there, work in tech, space, robots, etc.
  • Joe: first time here was when richard stallman was here, is volunteer for maintaining his political notes
  • Matt: sound reinforcement engineer
  • Keita: organises iOS meetup every week Sunday, love making apps in iOS, please join on Sunday.
  • Quinn: friends call me rainbow. doing freelance, free OSS stuff. Mostly interested in tackling new problems. want to get political.
  • Edward: comes to gamebridge
  • Trent: lockpicksmith, but very bad at it. Never done it before.


Short announcements and events[edit]

  • Mitch: who has short announcements.
  • Keita: next mo. in first week of June, WWDC (Apple's dev. conference) in San Jose. Let's meet up there!
  • Mitch: Open science co-working space in SoMA called ManyLabs (https://www.manylabs.org/). Whole bunch of Arduinos not used, director interested in Arduino Hack Night. Wed. June 14th 6:30-9:30. BYO Arduinos - they have accessories.
  • Osman: just saw in slack that some people from NB are going to computer history on saturdary, meeting there at 10am, some people will meet at NB beforehand. https://noisebridge.slack.com/archives/C027UKECM/p1495591569155719
  • Mitch: it's probably also fine to meet later.

Safe Space[edit]

  • Lizzie: noisebridge tries to be a place where anyone can come to try and have the opportunity to work on things, so if anyone comes and makes other people uncomfortable, we try to avoid those situations. people are encouraged to be critical of themselves so that these situations are avoided.
  • mary poppins: shall we play a game
  • Lizzie: muted
  • Mitch: that was mary poppins
  • Mitch: so yeah, safe space, we definitely want noisebridge to be a place that people can feel like they can come and stay. And our one rule, be excellent to one another, maintains that.

Participation[edit]

  • Mitch: Anyone is welcome at noisebridge if they belong here. Should contribute in some way. Want to be welcome to as many people as possible. You do not need to be a philanthropists or member to participate in Noisebridge. We have "Do-ocracy", like many other hackerspaces. Learn by doing! You are empowered to make NB better.

Slack: new communication app, can use on your phone. Stay for a while and might get an invite. In person communication is way better than text.

Philanthropists[edit]

  • Sam: When you set up a regular donation to support to space, in return you have extended responsibilities to look after the space. Will have access to space 24 hours. Need to make sure that at the end of the day you are the last person here (and need to make sure that everybody else leaves when space closes, which is usually at 10p). Can get access with member sponsorship. Come with sign up forms to meetings. No member objections -> philanthropist.
  • Mitch: In Noisebridgespeak means what Sam described. Philanthropists in English language means people w/ lots of money who contribute to a worthy org.

Do not need to be philanthropist first to become a member.

  • Sam: being a member gives you numner of responsibilities. You have to be sposored by two existing members. Fill in the form, bering it to a meeting, it stays open for 4 weeks. During this duration any member can say I don't feel good for this person to become a member without any reason. If no one objects your membership, you become a member. After you become a member, then you have the ability to participate in big "C" consensus. If you wanna go ahead an do stuff, but not sure, you can talk to people and get a cnsensus with small c.
  • Mitch: Everyone can be a part of any discussion...

Sam: you dont need to be a philantropist or member to get yourelf to the space. You can ask a member for access to the space, any member can take your clipper card or any other rfid tag, and grant you access.

Membership Binder [edit]

  • No new or pending forms

Financial Report[edit]

  • our treasurer left town for this week due to personal reasons. no report for this week. financial situation hasn't changed from last week. $90k in the bank.
  • $15k grant for Noisetor - Tor exit node.
  • 7500$ left in the tool budget. So if you can come up with a tool that would be cool to have in noisebridge, noisebridge pays for the half of it.

Consensus[edit]

  • Mitch: despite things might look organisational - we are anarchists and we do things ways we think that are cool. Has worked for the last 10 years.

Proposals from last week [edit]

Trent: bad locksmith. Brought up two consensus proposals:

1) Philanthropist status no longer expires when a monthly donation is not made. Philanthropist goes into hiatus where they neither pay dues nor have any properties of the Philanthropist role. Can be revoked as normal when on hiatus. Loses 24h access while on hiatus. Currently: need to revoke access + record that they are no longer philanthropists. More admin effort.

  • Lizzie: I feel in practice that people will maybe just not be revoked anyway when they stop paying.
  • Trent: yeah that's probably fine, sort of what we do already, we can kinda just do whatever we want. Instead of treating people unfairly why not just not deal with it.
  • Mitch: anyone disagree
  • no one disagrees -
  • consensus reached -

2) Define Propagation of Access Tokens: Active Members and Philanthropists may have 24-hour access to Noisebridge through the RFID access control system. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be activated by Members. 30-day daytime access to the space through the RFID access control system can be renewed by members and philanthropists.

  • Trent: Right now, formal consensus is that whoever built the access controll system to whatever they want. Those people include Henner, and Henner is very excellent, and many people help, and we have converged on doing it a particular way. So all this consensus is a formalisation of the way we do things now, rather than people having to try and work out how things work.
  • Sam: this is the new bit right?
  • Trent: correct. Henner said he'll be going ahead and doing this anyway, so this consensus doesn't need to actualy pass, but it would be nice to formalise,
  • Mitch: Questions / Comments / Objections
  • no one disagrees -
  • consensus reached -
  • Howard updated the wiki. Special:Diff/58569

Proposals for next week [edit]

(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)

1) John's Proposal: https://noisebridge.slack.com/files/pemulis/F5HCQGXSS/thomas_j__shutt_memorial_foundation_fiscal_sponsorship_proposal.xml

  • Mitch: Questions / Comments
  • Blaze: Any reason why no other people other than family are going to be helping to run the organisation
  • Mitch: can't answer that, maybe ask on slack?
  • Lizzie: One big thing with consensus proposals is the first meeting tends to just be an announcement, so it's okay for there to be not too much immediate discussion.
  • Mitch: another thing to note is in the past with fiscal sponsorship noisebridge has taken a cut to help maintain it, but in this case given that John will be managing it, i would be happy to not do that this time.
  • Mitch: so i think that's enough for that

Discussion[edit]

Recording Studio[edit]

  • Matt: Talked to people who have expressed interest in recording studio. Current design will be good for how the studio sounds inside the soundproof, but doesn't do anything for how it sounds outside, so i've been doing designing for such a thing. I would like to ask that people can help contribute to materials for such a space. materials: drywall, dropceiling, door, carpet, foam sealants etc...
  • Mitch: sounds awesome. so for projects like this in the past, people have discussed on slack, and just get people's informal pledge, and then when it's time to set up / buy materials, set up a donation page.
  • Matt: would like people to help me move stuff out.
  • Mitch: and get people to pledge on the wiki page, it's not too much money.

Slack[edit]

Blaze: Noise in #general slack channel. I just end up skipping a lot of them. Can we manage this somehow? People think about what they want to talk about and see if it's a good channel for it to go in.

Mitch: one last quick announcement> Juan organised a pallet of club mate that is a bland energy drink that "one gets used to". $4 / bottle, $80 / crate.


Discussion Items[edit]

If any important discussion happens, it should be happening after forward progress is made during consensus.

End of Meeting[edit]

Note taker posts the notes[edit]

  1. Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
  2. Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
  3. Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
  4. Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
  5. CC on the email treasurer@noisebridge.net and secretary@noisebridge.net if there are new members and philanthropists.
  6. Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
  7. Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.

Fun things to do after[edit]

  • Reprise of the Hackernationale. [This is anarchy - we do what the wiki says!]
  • PGP Key Signing could happen now (if it doesn't happen before any given Meeting). Ask others around the space or check the list to see who wants in on the action.