Meeting Notes 2022 08 16

From Noisebridge
Revision as of 01:12, 24 August 2022 by Mcint (talk | contribs) (Created page with "{{meetings}} These are the notes from the [https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Meeting_Notes The 690th Meeting of Noisebridge]. *Live notes **https://pad.riseup.net/p/...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
Noisebridge | About | Visit | 272 | Manual | Contact | Guilds | Resources | Events | Projects | 5MoF | Meetings | Donate | E
Meetings | Template | Archive | Metaguild Archive | Current Consensus Items | Consensus History | Announcements | Facilitation | Note-taking | Edit

These are the notes from the The 690th Meeting of Noisebridge.

Date: 2022_08_16

Previous Meeting

Next Meeting

Note-takers: Phillip/Pawper, Mark

Moderators: Mark, Loren

  • One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.

Meeting Summary[edit]

FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST

TLDR what happened at the meeting:

  • Fundraising Update
  • Announcements:
  • Finances:
  • New members:
  • New philanthropists:
  • Consensus Items:
  • Discussion Items:

Introductions[edit]

  • Ask people to share their name, access needs, and preferred gender pronouns during their intro, i.e.:

Mark - Do game dev stuff - Gamebridge on Wednesdays! Phillip/Pawper - few weeks here at NB, pretty new still! Jumping in and helping with stuff - Sunday Streets, coding guild, etc.. Hoping to do a variety coding workshop on Mondays Mikaela - second meeting here! also interested in coding, work in Rust and do Open Source stuff Bob - Second meeting as well. I just out a clown art piece, put it on my building at Market and Castro. Have some pieces at the Randall Museum. Was a tenure at Cell Space, but now this is the closest thing. Cloud - Have yet to find my niche, but helping put together Sunday Streets right now! Loren - he/him. recent member, I love to do music and server/rack stuff here and generally helping with the space! Nour - shows some music thing Joe - also my second meeting, go figure! Meant to help with Valencia Sunday Streets, but i'll def help with the upcoming SoMa one! I have a long story of a diverse background Moof - Sunday Streets currently. Hope to see people there and will talk about as a discussion item Rai - Has no idea what they are doing here Morgan - he'him, involved with Neurotech/Open Science Alex - do the Gamebridge and events support etc


Excellence[edit]

Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other. Mikaela - the founders were really into Bill and Ted? Phillip/Pawper - it means treat others with respect, put your best foot forward, be good to eachother and the space, leave things at least as good as you found them Alex - we have a wiki page that expounds on the principle of excellence. It features 7 steps about conflict resolution which are good to know about. https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Excellence

(What does that mean? Everyone is expected to follow the Anti-Harassment Policy, please familiarize yourself with it.)

Short announcements and events[edit]

  • 60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
  • Copy-paste any pre-announcements for the upcoming meeting from Announcements.
  • After announcements, copy them to the past Announcements list. Retire any from the Next Meeting list that aren't marked ONGOING.

Loren - 5MoF (5 Minutes of Fame) THIS THURSDAY! 5 minute lightning talks - as many as we have people to fill! Morgan/mhough - NeurotechX is having a hackathon October 29th-30th. Planning event in September. If anyone is interested in putting together any project ideas for said hackathon, please get in touch! https://www.neurotechx.com/hackathon2022 Mark - Gamebridge is looking for game jamcamp applicants for a 8 week game jam bootcamp starting September. Check #games channel for more info Phillip/Pawper - Coding workshop on mondays - looking for collaborators to help run it an maintain the effort! Gonna start with 3.js is the plan. Check #code channel Mark - Sunday Streets is this Sunday, please help!

Guilds[edit]

  • What are guilds - briefly describe

Mark - Guilds are like interest groups at noisebridge. The have people who maintain resources, and hold events and stuff.

  • Do any guilds have any announcements they'd like to make?

New Members/Associate Members[edit]

What are they? Is anyone trying to become a Member or Associate Member? If not move on. No long discussions.

Phillip/Pawper and Foolish Joe are looking to become Associate members?

In the process - Bob, Morgan (not necessarily for Big M, has been associate member for 3 weeks)


Financial Report[edit]

Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo. Not much to report - $200 from donation boxes this week. Working on a better solution for finance and membership donation management so we can have better finance reports.


Spending Needs[edit]

Gotta spend money on XYZ (i.e. Gate, wiring etc.). WHO CAN SIGN THE CHECK OR LEND THE CREDIT CARD!?!?! It doesn't matter if we agree to do something and it can’t be paid for. Joe - Is there people here who are trained on CPR/Narcan? Do we need supplies? (Offers to potentially train people)

Pawper - we need gas for the generator for Sunday, and a watercooler potentially.

Fundraising Update[edit]

How's it all going SUNDAY STREETS! HELP US RECRUIT NEW EXCELLENT COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND SOLICIT DONATIONS

Big C Consensus Items[edit]

Nobody likes 3 hour meetings, only explain if people ask

Consensus Items [edit]

Only for talking about Big C consensus items, small c consensus items should be discussed with people at the space at the time of the change/new item.

Discussion[edit]

== Do we want a ping pong table? ==

Mark - I'm gonna say nooooo, but convince me..
Moof - to Alex's point - it is a large foldup table that rolls.
LX - Ping pong is awesome. And if it folds up when we are not using it, thats amazing.
Bob - takes up too much space for the amount of time its used.
LX - Only open it when using it? If Noisebridge doesn't consent to having it, then I will take it.
Joe - if you fold it out, it will take a lot of space. 
LX - lets try it out, and if we don't like it, then get rid of it.
Moof - its two blocks away, we should roll it over. Moof will coordinate pickup time. 

Sunday Streets[edit]

Moof - Its this Sunday, Aug 21st. Folsom street, somewhere between main and 9th. Current plan is that we're gonna load up everything into a car - A generator brought by Guy, a battery, brought by slackerhacker. A few hack stations.  3 tent frames. some folding tables. Moof will make canaopies for the tents. Exact location of our spot on Folsom will be determined on Thursday meeting with SS organizers.

(Phillip shows off updated poster on tablet. It needs to be printed out. Moof will be printing it.)

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Sunday_Streets_August_21

Emeline - you need to make sure you write down what money you take from the petty cash box, if anything. Moof - We haven't taken any yet. Joe - I have a tent frame as well. I could bring it if you guys want. Mark - Whats the Internet situation like? Moof - Current plan is to just use mobile hotspots. Not sure if things like simbridge will work with that. Moof - We also need vehicles. We have a Rav4, could use more. Joe - I have one vehicle I could help with as well. Foolish Joe - I have a car I post on GetAround Moof - Elan is bringing a spinning paint art machine. There will also be a soldering thing potentially? though it might not happen...? Haven't heard from Aja in a while on that... He also says he might skip if its hot outside. LX - we have the soldering kits I bought. Moof - there will also be project displays from Mohammed - laser cut art LX - I want to order some frames for the posters we have, including the new one. Moof - Okay. If it works out in time, great. We will also have a 3dprint hackstation run by Guy. Phillip potentially doing simbridge. Moof might DJ and do some music. Mark - what else do you need help with between now and Sunday? Moof - We need a watercooler, so lets figure that out. Volunteers for different times of the day. Mark - Lets first look in the space for water cooler. Then buy one using petty cash if not one. We need set-up, manning booth, and tear down. 9:30 am for setup, 11:00am-1:30pm first shift, 1:30-4pm second shift. Cleanup 3:30-5pm. Please volunteer! That should set us up for success!

LET'S ALL GO AND SUPPORT NOISEBRIDGE WOO!

Discussion Item 2[edit]

Do-ocratic Task Board[edit]

Participation also means doing stuff to contribute to the space. Propose new tasks or pick some tasks from Github, from what needs to be done around you, or whatever, and see if someone will sign up to work on that task. Anyone can sign up and it's a great way to show you are contributing!

End of Meeting[edit]

Note taker posts the notes[edit]

  • Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
  • Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
  • Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
  • Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
  • CC on the email treasurer@noisebridge.net and secretary@noisebridge.net if there are new members and philanthropists.
  • Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
  • Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.

Fun things to do after[edit]

  • Do a 10 minute cleanup, bring dishes up stairs and wash them, clean the bathroom
  • Have some beers on the patio
  • Prepare the next weeks' meeting notes
  • Lick the walls. Or just draw on them
  • sing the Hackernationale (this almost never happens)