Meeting Notes Template
These are the notes from the The XXXth Meeting of Noisebridge.
- Live notes
- Virtual Meeting (jitsi mic/cam off by default)
Date: FIXME THE DATE HERE
Note-taker: FIXME YOUR NAME HERE
Moderators: FIXME THEIR NAME HERE.
- One or two bullet points of high-level meeting summary.
- 1 Meeting Summary
- 2 Introductions
- 3 Short announcements and events
- 4 Excellence
- 5 Participation
- 6 Philanthropists
- 7 Membership Binder
- 8 Financial Report
- 9 Consensus
- 10 Discussion
- 11 End of Meeting
FIXME FILL OUT AT END OF MEETING AND SEND TO MAILING LIST TLDR what happened at the meeting:
- Fundraising Update
- New members:
- New philanthropists:
- Consensus Items:
- Discussion Items:
- Person1 - she/her - something i do
- Person2 - they/them - first time here, hello
- and so on
Short announcements and events
60-second description per item in bulletpoint.
- Chuck: Starting a new class on Thursday nights called Let's Fight About Category Theory. 9pm. BYO Whiteboard Markers.
- Roxy: One night only discussion on Puppet Feminism coming up this Saturday at 8pm. No fetish gear, please.
- Albert: I'm taking a long bike ride next week and drinking some stuff I accidentally came up with while making tea in the back. Must sign waiver to join.
Our One Rule is to Be Excellent to Each Other.
(What does that mean? How does the Anti-Harassment Policy fit into this? Are we SURE we know what being Excellent is? This is an important and fundamental conversation at Noisebridge, so let's give it like 120 seconds.)
Everyone at Noisebridge is a participant at Noisebridge.
(What does that mean? How do you get a door key? Access to Slack, Discuss, etc?)
A Philanthropist at Noisebridge has earned enough trust from the community to open and close the space.
(What does that mean? What do we expect from Philanthropists? How do you become one? etc)
Membership in Noisebridge entails community Trust in Consensus.
(What does that mean? What do we expect from Members? How do you become a Member? etc)
Anarchist societies under a capitalist state need money to survive and thrive, yo.
- Funds in bank:
- Noisetor (See the bulletpoints at the bottom of http://noisetor.net/finances/#summary):
- Any other details by those participating in handling our financials
- The latest financial reports from the treasurer are available at https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Finances
How's it all going
Consensus is how the Noisebridge Membership may change how Noisebridge works.
(How does Consensus work? What types of things are good for formal Consensus? What is small-c consensus? What is a "block"?)
(Add any items which are consensed upon or someone has raised a principle objection for to the Consensus Items History page.)
(Add any new items for consensus to the Current Consensus Items page.)
Discussion Item 1
Discussion Item 2
End of Meeting
Note taker posts the notes
- Clean and tidy the meeting notes including removing all these really verbose instructions.
- Fill out the short summary at the top listing just announcements, consensus items, discussion topics, and names of new members and philanthropists.
- Copy paste the notes to the next meeting page. (They will become Last meeting at midnight.)
- Email the meeting summary to Noisebridge Discuss and Noisebridge Announce lists.
- CC on the email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if there are new members and philanthropists.
- Edit the Current Consensus Items if anything is proposed for consensus next week.
- Edit the Consensus Items History if anything was reached consensus or failed to reach consensus this week.
Fun things to do after
- Reprise of the Hackernationale. [This is anarchy - we do what the wiki says!]
- PGP Key Signing could happen now (if it doesn't happen before any given Meeting). Ask others around the space or check the list to see who wants in on the action.