- 1 Questions about Membership
- 1.1 Do I have to be a member to use the space?
- 1.2 How does one become a member? What is the cost of membership? How does one get a key?
- 1.3 What resources do members have access to?
- 1.4 Do I have to be a member to attend classes or workshops?
- 1.5 How can I pay my membership dues?
- 1.6 Are membership dues tax deductible?
- 2 Questions about 83c
Questions about Membership
Do I have to be a member to use the space?
83c is open to anyone to drop by and take a look around. Non-members are welcome to come by and work on projects when invited by a member. To use space for personal projects or consume resources, you are kindly asked to become a member.
How does one become a member? What is the cost of membership? How does one get a key?
All members have access to the space whenever they feel like (currently via a key). Please check out Noisebridge Membership for instructions on how to become a member. Membership dues are $80 per month; if $80 is a hardship, we have a special $40/month "starving hacker" rate. We're funded entirely by dues and donations, so we encourage everyone to be a regular member if they can afford it. Of course you can always donate additional funds if you're so inclined!
What resources do members have access to?
- Access to the space.
- Allowed use of any shared resources within the space.
- Ability to hold events in the space for other members or non-members.
- Participation in consensus decision making about issues and matters dealing with the space during our weekly meetings.
- Storage in space for personal projects and tools.
Do I have to be a member to attend classes or workshops?
No, classes and workshops are open to anyone who receives an invite or announce about it. Check out the Mailinglist page for information on how to join our announce list.
How can I pay my membership dues?
You can pay your monthly membership dues in any number of ways, including PayPal (which allows paying from a bank account or credit card), writing a check to "Noisebridge", or giving cash.
Click here for more details.
Are membership dues tax deductible?
No, but donations (in excess of dues) will be!
Click here for more details.
Questions about 83c
When is Noisebridge open?
Our space (83c Wiese) is open 24/7 to good standing members. Non-members are allowed to visit the space while another member is willing to accompany them.
Can I keep active projects in the space?
Yes! Good standing members are allowed to keep projects and personal items within project boxes.
What happens if I bring my tools into the space?
Members are allowed to keep personal tools and items within project boxes, which are kept separate from donated tools and items. Tools given to the space (not kept within project boxes) are considered to be a donation to the 501c3 nonprofit, accessible to any member at any time. Donations are not returnable or refundable.
How does (junk) donations work?
Only good standing members are allowed to donate items to the space (as to minimize clutter and junk accumulation). If you're not a member and have something big to donate please speak with a member to cosign on the donation.
How can I donate to Noisebridge?
You can donate to Noisebridge in any number of ways.
- We accept dues payments to our PayPal account:
- You can write a check, made out to "Noisebridge", and give it to a board member at the space, or you can mail it to:
83C Wiese St.
San Francisco, CA 94114
- You can also give cash to a board member at the space.
Are donations to Noisebridge tax deductible?
Noisebridge is an educational non-profit CA corporation for the public good, and we are about to apply for our 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. Once we are approved for our tax exempt status, all donations to Noisebridge are retroactively tax deductible. (However, dues are not deductible due to IRS rules.)