m (Added template)
m (Protected "Membership/Hiatus": Page is changed by consensus only. ([edit=sysop] (indefinite) [move=sysop] (indefinite)))
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
Latest revision as of 00:40, 6 February 2014
Noisebridge allows members to go on Hiatus if they wish to temporarily suspend their membership. Hiatus may be used when a member will not be involved in Noisebridge for an extended period, such as if they are traveling. Being on hiatus is more important for full members, though associates are welcome to go on hiatus too.
Members on hiatus are not entitled to full participation in Noisebridge's consensus process.
 Going on Hiatus
- If a member wishes to go on hiatus they must notify the treasurer and secretary ,
- stating that they wish to go on hiatus,
- informing them of the time at which they intend to return.
- If a member going on hiatus will not have regular internet acces or has specific communication needs during their hiatus period, it is their responsibility to arrange this with the treasurer and secretary before they go on hiatus.
 While on Hiatus (Termination)
- A member may extend their term of hiatus at any time by contacting the treasurer and secretary .
- If a member on hiatus does not contact the treasurer and secretary within three months from the date on which they intended to return, their membership shall expire. If that person wants to rejoin Noisebridge, they must go through the joining process again.
- If a member did not specify an exact time at which they intend to return from hiatus, their membership shall expire four months after they initially went on hiatus. If that person wants to rejoin Noisebridge, they must go through the joining process again.